Pneumonia

15 years 10 months ago #18013 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Pneumonia
Julie,
Boy, pneumonia, well I hope he gets over it quickly so you can get back to some normalcy!!!!YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS, ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18008 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Pneumonia
My hat is off to you Julie you guys have certaintly been through
alot and you two are always in my prayers please take care. Joe ;)

15 years 10 months ago #18005 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Pneumonia
Julie,
You and Dick are in my prayers. Take care. God Bless you & yours. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

15 years 10 months ago #17990 by Julie
Pneumonia was created by Julie
I had to take Dick into the ER early Sunday morning as his breathing was sounding worse and worse and he could not stay awake. The x-ray showed pneumonia in his right lung below where the lesion is. They told me he would be admitted. The fever developed after I got him to the hospital. They gave him IV antibiotics and he was then able to answer questions. He is still very sleepy. I had been up since 4 in the morning Friday so I came home and took a nap until after he was transferred to a room. This evening he is still falling asleep frequently. He was sitting on the side of the bed eating a small supper and I thought for sure his head would land in his Cream of Wheat.
I went over the whole medication list with the night nurse and they were unusually accurate. The only problem was the dosage for the breakthrough pain wasn't as strong as he has been getting at home. Dick told them he expected them to provide the level of comfort he was getting at home. Good for him.
Back at home now to sleep. I want to be there when they do rounds in the morning.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne