What else can go wrong?

15 years 11 months ago #17096 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic What else can go wrong?
Lorrie and Karen,

The world would be a better place if people were as loving and caring as you two are. I choke up when I read your posts and my heart goes out to Bob and Angelo who are very lucky to have you guys. My thoughts are with you.

Regards,

Peter Konomos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #17095 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic What else can go wrong?
hi Lorrie,

I think that situations like you are going through are so difficult. If I could offer a suggestion...If you are a "Planner" like I am...(I always needed a "Plan")...Metastatic Bladder Cancer is going to try to get the best of you. It hates "Plans"...and Appointments...they often turn out differently then the "Plan"...It takes a while but you have to roll with it...I sing that Stevie Winwood song "Roll with it Baby"...The thing is...a lot of things are going to happen...you can let it mess you up each time...or just keep saying OK...OK...OK...it can become so overwhelming otherwise...There are so many "Little" issues that come up with Metastatic Cancer...save you energy for the bigger ones that come up too...otherwise you will burn out so fast...
'
You guys are in my thoughts,

With Love,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #17091 by bobmac2
What else can go wrong? was created by bobmac2
Bob was supposed to have Chemo yesterday. The blood work from the day before was good & the recheck an hour before was OK. They start with hydration. Well, they started pumping him full but.............his new bladder decided to keep it all in.He couldn't pee. The nurses tried to put in a catheter but couldn't (imagine the pain), he got nauseous, they called for a Urologist but had to give him Gravol & Morphine while they waited. It was quite a wait. When the urologist arrived, he managed to get a catheter in & empty him. They took out over 2 litres. We have an appt. with out original Urologist this morning- the appt. was supposed to be about the hernia but now it's about this latest problem. So, Chemo is now scheduled for Mon. I'll update later- Regards, Lorrie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne