What else can go wrong?

15 years 9 months ago #17343 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic What else can go wrong?
Thanks Ginger- it looks like Chemo will start again on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed. The Urologist decided to keep the catheter in for at least a month. Here we go with the constant flushing again- he still gets tons of mucus. He had a bad night last night & had to take the morphine to get to sleep- he is starting to get very sore from the catheter but has no symptoms of infection yet. I'll keep you up to date. Regards, Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17192 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic What else can go wrong?
Lorrie,
Poor Bob, I know its the last thing my husbands wants, to be catherized, and having a problem getting it done,,thats terrible. By now these interruptions are frustrating, then you hope the care facility can handle it, I for one will not take Gene to any other hospital but the Cleveland Clinic with these issues..he hates the ER, AND DOESN'T WANT ANY PART OF IT..can't blame them, they have been through alot,as to this issue I pray things get better for you, and he gets his chemo soon,
it would be nice if your road was a little smoother to travel than the bumpy one you are on....just a little break for you both,,,, Ginger

15 years 10 months ago #17183 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic What else can go wrong?
Hello Lorrie,

It must be a great relief for Bob to have the catheter, wearing and changing diapers and bed pad every hour or two must have been exausting for you both.

As mentioned on a previous post I too became totally incontinent in the evenings when I slept during the week after the cisplatinum chemo. For me though it was temporary although just for those times it was really exausting.

You guys have had this since the RC was performed and I cannot imagine that at all it must have driven you both to the edge.

I am not suprised he is sleeping far better with the catheter...I hope you are catching up on well needed rest too.

I think the discomfort of the catheter will ease over the next couple of days once he gets used to the tube and bag. At least mentally he has gained control once more as he will be the one to empty the bag. Something he has not had for so long with the incontinence.

Lorrie I wish you and Bob all the very best and hope he has the strength soon to start his treatment.

Best Wishes
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 10 months ago #17182 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic What else can go wrong?
Good Morning Leigh- No, He still hasn't had Chemo. Now he has come down with a bad cold (he overdid it on Sunday helping me with gardens), so Chemo must be rescheduled again when he feels better.

We saw the original Urologist last Friday, the appointment was made because he has a hernia near his belly button. He doesn't want an operation, he was just looking for a 'binder' of some sort to give him relief. The Urologist agreed on not having surgery & made a few suggestions. He also decided to leave the catheter in for a month since it was such a big deal to get it in. This sounds weird but Bob is actually happier with the catheter than the diapers. He is sleeping quite well instead of getting up every hour or two to change a diaper & bed pad. He 'winces' every time he gets up or down from sitting & can't move too fast but says it's an improvement on diapers.

How are things with you Leigh?- I read your posts about the grading & staging- I think they do it differntly in Canada, so I really had nothing to add- I hope you can get the answers you need.

We are hoping to get back on track with the Chemo soon- I'll post when I know more.
Regards & Thanks to all for all your help- Lorrie

15 years 10 months ago #17180 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic What else can go wrong?
Dear Lorrie,

I am so sorry to hear about Bob and his recent problem with a blockage. Tht must have been very difficult for you both. I hope that the morphine helped to ease the pain until they got the cathether in.

Bob really has not had a break and you guys really deserve one...I am sending you both positive thoughts and hope that the chemo went ahead as planned yesterday and he sailed through it with no effects...

Wishing you both all the very best...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 10 months ago #17138 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic What else can go wrong?
Peter,

You are very kind, and your sentiments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne