Update on Bob- having Chemo

15 years 11 months ago #17039 by bobmac2
Update on Bob- having Chemo was created by bobmac2
Hi all, I haven't had much to say lately but I have been reading- (especially late at night when I can't sleep)-I see some new names & some interesting stories. I think I posted awhile ago about Bob's PET scan results- the BC has spread to the lungs (both) & now involved some lymph nodes in the centre chest area somewhere. Given the history, surgery is NOT an option. It was suggested that he try Chemo to hopefully buy some time. The plan was for 3wks.on, 1 wk. off- do a CT scan after 3 mos.If things were shrinking they would continue for 6 mos. Well, last week was week 3 but his platelets were too low, so it got cancelled & they rethought the plan- decided to go with 2 wks. on & 1 off. He had bloodwork today & it looks like a go for tomorrow.He handled the 1st 2 treatments quite well, just nauseous on the trip home after the 1st. He in maintaining his weight & managed a few holes of golf on Sun. He would have gladly played more but it was soooo cold & windy out. So, that's where Bob is for now.Last week we got called for a followup appt. with the Thorasic Surgeon- he just wanted to explain why he could not operate.He told us that treatment is palliative. Well, I guess everything just came to a head for me & I just lost it. Felt like an idiot & had everyone running to help. It's just that emotions are so close to the surface. I can hold it in most of the time - hugging is the worst- there are a couple of 'huggy' nurse- lovely girls that mean well but it just gets me going. We are hoping for a year. That's about it for now.Take care all, Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne