Update on Bob- having Chemo

15 years 11 months ago #17075 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Update on Bob- having Chemo
Lorrie, Well I am sorry about the neo, it does make it very hard, you just can't cut a break..I thought maybe it got a little better since some time had passed.
Again, prayer for you and Bob, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #17058 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Update on Bob- having Chemo
Thank you all for you replies- it means a lot to know someone is listening. Bob has been through so much. No Ginger, the new bladder does not work- this makes the situation even worse for him.He is in diapers 24/7. On top of it all, he has a hernia. Just 1 thing after another. Regards. Lorrie

15 years 11 months ago #17053 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Update on Bob- having Chemo
I have not started to cry at the Doctor's office yet but I expect the time will come. I'm sorry the visit was so painful for you. It is really hard to hear that any treatment is for pain relief only. When the oncologist told us last week about radiation would be only to help reduce the pain we felt like the deer in the headlights of the oncoming truck. I hope you and Bob have beyond a year. julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 11 months ago #17046 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Update on Bob- having Chemo
Lorrie,
I am glad to hear Bob was out golfing, that means he is at least trying to exist with all the bad stuff going on. The poor guy has been thru so much. I wondered if he ever got control of his neo or not. He was having such trouble with it. I am sorry to hear the report on a time frame, you may get a miracle, I will keep you in my prayers, as well as your family... Ginger

15 years 11 months ago #17044 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Update on Bob- having Chemo
HI, too, Lorrie -- A couple of times when I've gotten bad news, I've wanted
to cry some too -- right then. In my case, in addition to being huggy, the nurses were hush-y, too - Thye don't know how close I got to either hitting or hollering
that I had a right NOT to remain silent when I'd been told that my symptoms were
signs that indicated a cure was getting less likely. I think they didn't want to upset other patients in the chemo room. Growl!

I am sorry for your and Bob's recent challenges and trials and I'll be thinking
hopefully for strength and other good stuff -- in support -- Susan

15 years 11 months ago #17042 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Update on Bob- having Chemo
Hi Lorrie,

Sorry to hear things have become so tough there for you folks. I can't even imagine how difficult it is day to day. Do you have a network around the home base and for you? Taking care of yourself is important, too.
You are in my prayers, God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne