Another punch to roll with

15 years 11 months ago #16719 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic Another punch to roll with
Julie,
I just went back and read all your old posts. You guys have had a long road. I'm so sorry that you didn't get better news. I can certainly understand the waiting. We have no idea where Mama's cancer has spread because of no scans. I'm not sure what would be worse....knowing it has spread or wondering if it has. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #16710 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Another punch to roll with
Julie,

Make that 2 people in NC!!!I am so sorry that you are dealing with this too. I know how it is like a punch in the stomach. Did you ask the Dr. about Quadramet? He may be able to get that with the chemo? If you want to talk, I will PM you with my phone number...

((Hugs))
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #16709 by tate
Replied by tate on topic Another punch to roll with
Julie,
I am soo sorry you did not get better news today. I don't always know the right thing to say...But I want you and Dick know that there is someone here in NC that is crying, praying, and thinking of you both during this stressful time.
(((hugs & luv)))
-Tate

15 years 11 months ago #16706 by Julie
Another punch to roll with was created by Julie
Today we saw the urological oncologist to get the results from last weeks CT scan. The bad news is there is a new lesion. It is a pleural lesion that has spread to the rib bone. This is really the cause for the pain Dick has been experiencing since December. The Radiologist report said that now that they compare the January CT with the May one they can see the lesion on the January CT. This would seem to indicate that the lung surgery in October did not get all of the cancer.
The good news seems to be there are not other sites visible. Dick says he feels like he is trying to dodge bird shot from a shot gun. There is no way for the cancer not to find a place to land. I guess this is as good a metaphor for metastases as any but damn. No wonder his pain has been so bad and getting worse. Combine cancer in the bone pain with ribs and you get excruciating pain.

The plan is to do radiation on the site to shrink the tumor and hopefully provide some pain relief. The oncologists will confer about coordination as Dick is now on chemo for his bone marrow cancer and we want to know if there would be any problem with doing concurrent radiation treatment.
Julie :'(

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne