Pain Management/ Direct Hospital Admission Route

15 years 11 months ago #16285 by momof4
Pat,

I didn't know there was a "Karen" Azalea. I just looked at a photo online, and it is beautiful! Thanks for the info. I am going to call the local nursery and see if they have any.

The pink rose bush I planted when Claire (of Webcafe)died, the leaves are all burgundy, and it is ready to burst. I actually call it "Claire".

Thanks again Pat,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #16284 by Patricia
Karen...i actually have the "Karen" azaleas in my front yard...a beautiful deep purple...they just opened up yesterday...and wouldn't you know we had a frost warning last evening....but it didn't quite get there....
Pat

15 years 11 months ago #16282 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Pain Management/ Direct Hospital Admission Route
Karen you have been an angel to your hubby and the last thing I would want to see now is someone picking you up off the floor. Stress and anxiety can be very deceiving so you really do need to take some time for yourself. Take Care, Joe ;)

15 years 11 months ago #16279 by momof4
Susan,

So glad to hear from you. Are you feeling any better?

I want you to remember this direct Admission option. It really does help with the stress
level to be admitted, and ALL of the tests run.

I agree with you about Azalea's...North Carolina has an Azalea Festival every year. I have not been, but hope to in the future...

here is a link:

www.ncazaleafestival.org/

Azalea's to me, mean that Spring is really here. Rarely after the Azalea's arrive do temeratures go below 40 degrees. There is every color imaginable here, we happened to have the bright pink in the front yard.

Love and Prayers,
Karen

15 years 11 months ago #16277 by mssmr
Karen -- How bighearted of you to frame this report as a guide to the "direct admission option." I am so sorry your husband had this seriious new pain and I hope they'll be able to help him with it quickly. The plan to rest and renew sounds good.
And I can't resist telling you how happy

Incidentally, I am happy that your picture right now is azaleas. I am an azalea fanatic! I take at least a whole roll of azalea pictures every azalea season (Mid-March in Mississippi). Last year, I got to see two azalea seasons because I went from MS to MA for treatment at the end of March. I also
now have azaleas that bloom almost all-year-round in my yard called "encore
azaleas." I told you I'm an "azalea fanatic." There is something about the
color of classic deep pink azaleas that bring me joy through the eyes.

with prayers -- Susan

15 years 11 months ago #16273 by momof4
Thank you all for your thoughts & good wishes, We are pleased that Angelo can get directly admitted and get all of the test needed on an in-patient basis. It will make it much easier than setting up separate appointments for all of the necessary tests.

Wishing you all a GREAT Day!
Karen

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne