Pain Management/ Direct Hospital Admission Route

15 years 10 months ago #16376 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Pain Management/ Direct Hospital Admission Route
Karen,
No time like now to take a siesta. Most of all I hope they find the problem and that its a easy fix for now,, take care,Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16348 by julieann
Maybe you should take a tylenol PM or something to help you relax. Mama seems to be doing ok. Just waiting for the bomb to drop. I know that is a terrible attitude.

15 years 10 months ago #16347 by momof4
I Julieann,

Thanks for asking...I am getting by...just got home about an hour ago, exhausted! I think they have a handle on it at the hospital, so I am hopefully going to get to be somewhat early, and check on him in the morning. He is scheduled for an MRI, and a few other things tomorrow. Right now he is resting comfortably. I am hoping I can make it through the night without waking up, or calling the hospital. They will call me if they have to...I do know that...but I still worry not being there when he is so doped up, and can't look after himself...

How is your mother?

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 10 months ago #16346 by julieann
Karen,
Thinking of you today and wondering how it's going.

15 years 10 months ago #16302 by Maria
Hope all goes well for your husbands admission tomorrow. Please look after yourself and have a good rest.
Maria x

15 years 10 months ago #16289 by Zachary
I was thinking about this topic earlier today.

The last time you flew in an airplane, you might have noticed the oxygen compartment located above every seat. There are explicit instructions that say "In case of an emergency, first secure your own oxygen mask and then, if you have children with you, secure their masks." If caregivers don't take care of themselves first, they aren't doing themselves or their loved ones any real favors. There isn't of course, a magic formula that fits every situation, but please, caregivers, give yourselves a break occasionally. And a pat on the back.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne