Where We Are Today

16 years 1 week ago #15936 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Where We Are Today
Karen,
BEST LISTEN TO PAT, OF COURSE REMEMBER I SAID WITH DOCTORS APPROVAL,,,
GLAD PAT HAS MORE INFO THAN I,,THATS AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR SURE!!!!! no marygeewanna!!!! Now speaking of second hand smoke, I was at a Cleveland Indians game where I kept smelling something sweet, then I was feeling wierd, Gene said it was marygeewanna,,,personally I have never held one, just seen one from afar..but the fragrance was strong!!!!GINGER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #15935 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Where We Are Today
Pat,

Who said anything about marijuana? That is the last thing I would ever bring into my house! Did someone suggest it?

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 1 week ago #15934 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Where We Are Today
OH MY GOSH...don't do the marijuana....it in no way can be taken with cancer drugs...believe me my son found out the hard way when someone said to try it...he spent 3 days in the hospital with the after effects.....
Try the diet thingy i sent you first....Please......Pat

16 years 1 week ago #15930 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Where We Are Today
Karen my cancer has not spread but if I can make a comparison it might help a little bit. When I was diagnosed with T3 G3 I accepted and fought a hard battle like a warrior. Now that this is all over there are many days I am depressed because my damn life has changed and at times I have a very difficult time accepting it because it sucks period no ifs ands or buts. I have always admired your remarkable strength and I know Angelo has that same strength (sp that right) but he has time to lay there and think and I know he is depressed bigtime and I'm sure he is afraid meaning he is worrying about you and his kids. There are days my wife asks me a question and I didn't hear a word she said because I was in a daze and she gets upset. Also the reality of everything that is happening may be sinking in and you get wrapped up in memories of things in your life and you have what I call these inside tears of all your good times and never expecting life to turn out like this. I think Angelo is hurting now both mentally and physically and the combination is catching up to him. Karen maybe he is just having a bad week also and when you don't feel well I know I am like this I don't want to talk or do anything. I admire both you and your husband for having hearts of gold and amazing strength. God Bless both of You, Joe

16 years 1 week ago #15929 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Where We Are Today
Karen,
Unfortuneately anti-depression medicine works that way, 10 days to two weeks, thats a long time when you just want to feel better. I have heard they prescribe things like oxycotin and even marijuana for some, is it true and have you been offered these?? I am not suggesting finding a local dealer but wondered if they offer these things thru the doctor...its the pain management issue,,and the fact you can't feel well enough to care...just a thought. Ginger

16 years 1 week ago #15926 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Where We Are Today
I feel that way too Ginger...It is the Depression (for good reason no doubt), I don't think he is near the end. He is in alot of pain. He is able to watch TV, engage in conversation, but is really just down in the dumps. He seems to have snapped out of it a bit this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed, and say a few prayers...I called the Dr. and he said that he could put him on a stronger antidepressant, but it can take days possibly a week to 10 days for it to get into his system. Maybe there is something else available that doesn't take that long to start working???

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne