Thank you

16 years 1 month ago #14657 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Thank you
No need to apologize, you are in a vulnerale state and I can understand, my motto is to have lots of "COMPASSION" for the ones dealing with this illness and most of all in death. I lost my father March 25 2004, I came home from Tucson and didn;t get out of my flannels for 2 months, I watched him die at hospice and I like you had a very hard time getting past it. It happens very slowly, look for signs that help you, this site may be what carries you thru. For me I planted a butterfly garden in my backyard and now every spring when it blooms it reminds me of him and his passing but his living again on the other side. Then the butterflys come , all colors and sizes, and it gives me peace, I hope you find this peace I have...it will sustain you!!!Love to you and your family, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14656 by cheryls
Replied by cheryls on topic Thank you
Im very sorry if I hurt your feelings in anyway! Im on a emotional rollercoaster at all times, with very few happy moments, and the few are usually when I am trying to add to that memorial! I just need to still be there for my mom in some way! I relize you were just trying to help, I just had my defenses up and took it in a way that hurt! I dont work on the memorial just for others, I work on it because it helps me and I guess... yes I want people to see her for who she was! I dont want to take away from this site! This site helped my sister alot to understand a few things and I find comfort in knowing theres people out there who understand! I just wanted to share the rest of who she was and is!!! She is loved!!! Again,,, Im very sorry!!!

16 years 1 month ago #14655 by Gene Beane
Cheryls,
You are so right, I visited your moms memorial, this is a great tribute to her, I can see she was dearly loved by all, what wonderful pictures with all the grandchildren,, we can all benefit from the site you have given us, thank you,
Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #14653 by Gene Beane
Cheryls,
I guess I misunderstood your post, I thought you were asking where you could post a memorial about your mom , I never would hurt your feelings on such a sensitive subject, forgive me for not reading it correctly, I was trying to give you direction on where we have a place to also read about your mom and her life. Of course there are many places other than this site to put such issues, I only meant to help, not offend, take care, Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #14652 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Thank you
Hi Cheryls,

The other day I did check out the virtual memorial for your Mom, and I was very impressed with how well done it was. I did see it although I was not able to get a post out about it right away. Losing a parent is a biggie - no one here expects you to do any less grieving than you need too. I think Ginger pointed out the memorium section here with good intent...that you could tell your Moms story where others recently diagnosed could really benefit most. I certainly did not get a snooty feel from her post.
I would like to encourage you to also post in the section for those who are dealing with grief and loss - not that we don't care, but that you might best benefit by sharing directly with those in similar circumstances. Renee seems such a dear soul and somehow finds the right words to help in times like these. I can feel the hugs in her posts when I read them.
I am keeping you in my prayers, wish there was more I could do for you, God Bless, Holly

16 years 1 month ago #14651 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Thank you
Cheryl,

Take it easy on yourself...You are welcome here...This will take time...Your mother must have been so wonderful...but she would want you to have a happy life, remember her and honor her memory...the best way to do that is to share her story...before, during, and after the cancer...all of that was your mother...

I pray that you will have peace in the coming days...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne