Report on Bob's PET scan....

16 years 4 months ago #11392 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Report on Bob's PET scan....
Thanks for all of the well wishes and kind words. From your computers to Gods ears!

My in-laws are in town...Now I need more prayers! LOL....I am glad they finally came to visit their son though...Some families are so dysfunctional! I am so lucky to have had wonderful parents and brothers and sisters that love(d) each other, and even if they weren't related I would want them all to be my friends....

This season is magical, and I am hoping for a Christmas miracle...(stranger things have happened right)...They house looks like a Christmas wonderland, and smells of constant sugary confections in the kitchen....I am going to make this the best Christmas ever! All of our bigger children (all 6 of them) arrive between the 15 and 23! We are going to have a house full. Along with the little ones and our grand daughter we will have 12 here for 2 weeks! Busy but fun!

After the holidays we are hoping for a small chemo break for a trip to Vegas to renew our vows at the "Chapel O' Love"...we always wanted to do that, silly but fun.

Happy, Peaceful, and Uneventful Holidays for us all!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11382 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Report on Bob's PET scan....
Karen, I wish you and your husband the best next week,, who ever thought Christmas would be including chemo, remembering what once was is hard. you have been fighting for him for a while now, maybe this session of chemo will do the trick.
I wondered if you read mssmr history in metasitsied , she is looking for some kind words, thought you would like to help her out..I am limited in areas you are not. Ginger

16 years 4 months ago #11380 by aimeth
Replied by aimeth on topic Report on Bob's PET scan....
Karen, I wish you both good luck with your ct scan next week!

16 years 4 months ago #11377 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic Report on Bob's PET scan....
Karen,

I hope and pray there will be great change. Please keep me posted.

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

16 years 4 months ago #11372 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Report on Bob's PET scan....
Clara,

Answered Prayers! I am so glad that not too much has changed. my husbands Bone Scan & CT Scan are scheduled for Mon. and Wed. of next week. In our cas since he is undergoing this horrible Chemotherapy, we are hoping to see some change if not great change. The Chemo is so awful, it would be nice to know that it was worth it...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 4 months ago #11359 by Clara
Report on Bob's PET scan.... was created by Clara
Not much change at all, always seems to be a little increased activity.

Bob has some blood clots in the lower right let and is taking daily shots. He was going to give them to himself (with my assistance of course) but when we went to pick up the prescription, the co-payment was $2,0000+ so we did not get it.

Called the insurance company and he is in the "doughnut" which means we are paying for medicines that are not generic.

Called the cancer center and they made arrangements for the shot to be given to him every day so we drive 50 miles round trip for 30+ days. Will see the dr. in 30 days and see if he still has to continue for the original plan of 90 days.

I am just so thankful that he is not on any other treatments at this time and at least things are changing slowly instead of fast.

Another PET scan will be done on February 27, 2008.

Thanks for all the support.
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne