NEOBLADDER

12 years 2 months ago #41219 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic NEOBLADDER
Dang Rudy!

Apparently the two year warranty is up! Dang. Hope they can figure something out. If they can't for the night time thing, check out condom catheters. It's what I use because I never got night time continence.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41199 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic NEOBLADDER
Greetings fellow Neo's. Just followed this thread and ironically I've developed something of a complication after 2 years related to emptying.

I'm currently being treated for UTI which I think is directly related to failure to empty the NEO.

Think this has happened because my NEO has been stretched and I probably had not spent enough time trying to empty.

Antibiotics worked within 12 hours and most of the symptoms have completely cleared up now. I will be more diligent in trying to empty, but I've not been tested for voiding.

In the last 3 months or so I've also become incontinent at night. I had almost immediate success with being continent at night after the NEO up until a couple of months ago. I do believe the two are related. But I sleep like a baby and during the day I'm totally good.

We all learn to deal with our "new normal" when it comes to this stuff.
Regards
Rudy

12 years 2 months ago #41135 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic NEOBLADDER
I have never cathed either. But I do have an ultrasound every 6 months and they monitor my bladder to see if I void completely. So far so good. So at 3 months ask for an ultrasound to see if you are completely voiding. If you are...... no more cathing!

By the way..... If you are at this level so soon.... YOU are Doing GREAT!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!! YOU are THE MAN!.

I Do have a supply of pads for nightime use. I sleep quite soundly and sometimes........ I leak a little.
But if this is all I have to worry about..... I'll take it

Thumbs up for you

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 2 months ago #41124 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic NEOBLADDER
No, I never had to cath yet. Hope I won't need to start. But if i do I'll deal with it. For me emptying is really no different then it was before surgery. I ware a pad at night just in case and it makes me feel more comfortable. Huggies, pad, whatever, we do what we need to do. I hope you get to the point where you can empty with out cathing.
Duke

12 years 2 months ago #41120 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic NEOBLADDER
Why would you need that reassurance? You are already way ahead of the game. You are doing great!

I certainly don't have a single one of those in my house and I have had tons of complications.

Keep up your exercises and you will continue to do great.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 2 months ago #41119 by lustron591
Replied by lustron591 on topic NEOBLADDER
now i'm looking for somebody to reassure me that i won't be wearing Huggies for the rest of my life!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne