NEOBLADDER

12 years 2 months ago #41118 by lustron591
Replied by lustron591 on topic NEOBLADDER
maybe i misspoke: i thought i was emptying, but when i pushed the cath in a bit more, i got 120-140 cc more urine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41115 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic NEOBLADDER
I cath every time I go now. I didn't at first. I ran into some complication later on and over-stretched the neobladder. Wasn't able to empty more than half. That was 3-6 months after the surgery.

I go varying times depending on how much I drink. Usually around every four hours. If you are emptying every time, I am not sure why you are having to cath. I think you should call your doc back and just be sure what the program is supposed to be and why. Let us know what the doc says the reason is for cathing even though you are getting completely empty.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 2 months ago #41114 by lustron591
you've never cathed? and everything's ok?

12 years 2 months ago #41113 by lustron591
how many times a day do you cath? i just started thursday, so i guess i'm supposed to do it at least 4 times a day.

12 years 2 months ago #41112 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic NEOBLADDER
Hello, glad everything went as well as possible for you. I am two years out with my neo and am happy and lucky to say I have never cathed. Not sure why you would need to, maybe dr. just wanted to make sure you were emptying to start with. The most important thing is that it sounds as tho you are doing well. I think at three weeks I was just starting to feel like I might want to live. From here on it should just keep getting better.
Duke

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #41111 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic NEOBLADDER
So when you cath you can't get any more out....

Show off!!!! That's exactly what you want and it means you are doing it perfectly and emptying completely. Glad to hear it went so well for you. That is great news!

I cath every day and every time. I just keep the catheter in a zip lock baggy and wash it in the sink afterward. I do this at airports, client locations, restaurants, etc. If you drop it on the floor then toss it and use a new one. If you are lucky enough to have insurance buying your catheters then you can do what some do, which is use it once and toss it. I buy them in bulk and use one for a week at a time.

I'm not sure why you think you need to cath four times a day if you are emptying completely. Always have a spare catheter and lube stashed in case you need it.

If I use one on a regional jet I toss it in the trash because the water is not potable on those.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne