New bag man needs support.

14 years 2 months ago #30305 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic New bag man needs support.
Hey Fishtown B) meant to write to you on FB but my mind seems to be slipping away. Stupid games on FB are relaxing though.

On a serious note though :angry: the nurse should have helped you find a product that works. From what I understand from the other bag people all bodies are shaped different. So what might work for one does not work for another.

You might call the supplier of ostomy supplies that you use. Explain the problem to them. They will send you out samples of different products to try until you find one that works for you. If they do not find a different supplier.

I am sure that those with knowledge will chime in soon with lots of helpful advice. :cheer:

Talk to you soon.

Char
The topic has been locked.
14 years 2 months ago #30302 by Fishtown Boy
Replied by Fishtown Boy on topic New bag man needs support.
Hey Everyone,

How are you all??

I am doing ok,good...but I am still getting used to the bag to be blunt...it sucks and I cant go over two days without it leaking....makes me feel like just saying the hell with it and staying in the house forever. I am starting to feel well enough to go back to work(got laid off during the worst of this).....but not sure how I can with this always giving me trouble.I have to work to survive and not lose my home.

Thanks for any help. My visiting nurse has been gone for over two months and really just said good luck you are on your own.

Radical Cystectomy
Massachusetts General Hospital
Nov. 6,2009
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #29526 by Fishtown Boy
Replied by Fishtown Boy on topic New bag man needs support.
Hello Everybody,
I havent felt like sharing too much ..but well....
Thanks you all for the kind words on the recent loss of my aunt.That was just too much for me and my VERY small family right now.

I am doing better physically but it is still so much to take on,the bag and all that goes with it. I really like I said "dont really feel like me". I really appreciate hearing from everybody and how you have learned to cope.

I may end up going to work(hopefully) again soon. I got laid off late this past summer just when I found out I was going to lose my bladder. Soo having a job and daily routine should help in many ways.

Thanks everyone,

Sincerely
Bernie

Radical Cystectomy
Massachusetts General Hospital
Nov. 6,2009
14 years 4 months ago #29522 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic New bag man needs support.
Bernie: sorry for you loss. I do hope you keep coming back to this sight and interact with the people here. Trust me it is the best therapy you can have. Talking to people who have been through RC will give you the strength to your own recovery and return to a better life for you and your loved ones.

Rudy
14 years 4 months ago #29507 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic New bag man needs support.
Bernie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Know that we are here for you and care about you. Please keep coming back and sharing.

Char
14 years 4 months ago #29475 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic New bag man needs support.
Bernie,

So sorry to hear about your recent loss. I lost my mother years ago, at age 72, the day after Christmas (to lung cancer). I believe she was trying her best to hold off so she wouldn't ruin the day for us. I'm sad thinking you have to enure a similiar loss, here during the holidays, on top of recently losing your bladder.

I have an Indy Pouch so I don't know exactly what you are going through...but Rick and others know and are shining examples of how time and attitude can change everything. I pray you do continue to return to this site where you can find encouragement and support. You remain in my prayers.

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne