T2 diagnosis for husband, how to choose option?

16 years 9 months ago #6850 by Patricia
wonder what they modified....maybe getting the interns out of the OR..?
I was in intensive care but have no idea how long as i was morphed out...but it couldn't have been that long because i remember that first night in my regular room when i was exorcized by the security guard!.........Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6849 by Zachary
That's very interesting, Rosemary. One thing I wonder about is how many lymph nodes they are removing, and if in the interest of speed they have reduced that number from what they removed previously.

Honestly, the length of the operation didn't bother me too much, since I was asleep. But the rapid recovery they're achieving seems almost miraculous.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 9 months ago #6845 by Rosemary
My distinguished UNC second opinion Doctor (Dr. Pruthi) evidently has the surgery fine-tuned also. This is from the DenverChannel.com....

UNC Bladder

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6842 by Patricia
Heck yes...get out of there as soon as you can...there are sick people in there!! The way Staph is running rampid in hospitals the sooner the better you get out of there!! Pat

16 years 9 months ago #6841 by lmh22553
Hi Patricia!

You wrote: >>> Why was your husband on Mandelamine? I've never had a kidney infection and i'm 4 l/2 yrs with an Indiana Pouch. Thats kind of an extreme..i've not heard of anyone prescribing something to kill bacteria in the urine these days.
Also the surgery by really experienced surgeons is down to between 5 to 7 l/2 hrs with conventional surgery.....laproscopic or DaVinci its around 4 hrs. And they also kick you out of the hospital much faster...once those bowels are moving so are you!!
Pat<<<

His urologist swore by Mandelamine! :-) I am sure that his was the prescription for it out in our area.

He did not have laproscopic surgery or DaVinci -- this was in 1995 -- and his two surgeons, Lou and Singh, had done this surgery many times as a team BUT Lou started and Singh finished. One removed and the other made the pouch.

Yes, I know from experience that nowadays they really want patients to leave the hospital. Do you think this is wise?

Best wishes.

L.

16 years 9 months ago #6834 by Patricia
Wendy....my laproscopic cystectomy and all the other junk they pulled out of me took exactly 4 hrs 20mins....now granted my surgeon is a leading laproscopic transplant surgeon so maybe he's got it fine tuned. I also had a laproscopic Ob/Gyn working in tanden with him.
Also when i talked with Dr. Stein at USC/Norris he gave me a time of 5 l/2 hrs conventionally.......maybe he fibbed a bit?
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne