T2 diagnosis for husband, how to choose option?

16 years 8 months ago #7015 by Patricia
Stephanie...be sure to bill them for all the aide work you do...... :P Yes it is daunting and i don't know what i would have done without my husband by my side all the time. Hang in there darlin...he'll get better. I actually thought the NG tube was the worst...totally distracted me from the fact that i couldn't use my abdominal muscles !!........Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7011 by Stephany
Thanks, Pat. Yes, I counted seven tubes out and three in. No nasal or naso-gastric, though, so he's lucky, even though he doesn't think so! He's walked three times today. Next time, I'm going to do it myself, rather than waiting for staff. The nurse/aid showed me what to do, and I think we can get it done. There are four drains to hook up, and three tubes from the walking tree, so it's a daunting task. But, the more he walks, the better.

He just doesn't want me to leave his side, and I can understand. Gotta go.

Stephany

16 years 8 months ago #7009 by Patricia
Hey he and Joe can compare their Indiana Pouches......
Yes get some sleep....recharge all your batteries including yours....
Wishing him and you the best.......any questions..just ask......Pat

16 years 8 months ago #7004 by Stephany
Thanks, Pat. I spoke to his surgeon about two hours ago....he was in surgery for 11 hours. I don't know how the surgeons do it! He said that while they were in there, they found a double hernia, and they fixed that, too.

He got the Indiana pouch that he wanted, and they may have even scraped off a little of that "excess". I asked the surgeon if, while they were in there, they did a little tuck. He said no, but they took out a little of the excess. Yes, my husband's a BIG man.

Anyway, now I'm waiting for him to come down from the recovery room. After I've seen him, I'm going to go back to the hotel and try to get some sleep, charge my cell phone, and my internal batteries.

I'm going to count tubes when I see him. They may not get him up and walking tomorrow, since the surgery went so long. I guess we just wait.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 8 months ago #7001 by Patricia
Hope all is going well Stephanie...i know the wait is hard. He'll have a lot of tubes sticking out of him...don't be alarmed...ask if they can give you some of that morphine thats in him!!.....When he awakens and asks you if you got the liscense number of the truck that hit him just nod. First 24 to 48 hrs the roughest...its uphill from there. Stay positive............Pat

16 years 8 months ago #6999 by Stephany
Thanks again, Rosemary. It's a little after six, and about an hour and a half ago they said they had about two hours left on the reconstruction. Boy, the rooms has emptied out....they're about to kick me out of the surgery waiting room down to his ward, to wait for the end of the surgery.

Sure got quiet here. There ARE quiet places, you just have to look for them.

More later, I'm sure.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne