Self catheterization

16 years 10 months ago #6134 by pweization
Replied by pweization on topic Self catheterization
N3,
Thanks for the advise and support. I really need to start thinking along the same lines as you veterans. I'll keep posting here and absorbing what knowledge I can.
Thanks again,
-Vin

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6119 by n3qtrtme
Replied by n3qtrtme on topic Self catheterization
Vin,

It would be great if they can but I am pretty thankful that the cancer is gone, regardless of whether I need to self-cath. It's not getting in the way of my traveling, horseback riding and boating, so I think I can live with it if I have to. It could be a lot worse!

You'll do just fine... try not to worry about it too much, ok?

Take Care!

Christine Springfield
T3/G3 - Squamous Cell/Transitional Cell Carcinomas
RC w/Studer Pouch 4/25/07

16 years 10 months ago #6111 by pweization
N3,
It must make all the difference in the world to be able to put the catheters away. There's got to be something they can do to fix that.
-Vin

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

16 years 10 months ago #6104 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Self catheterization
Hi again Holly

Gosh - sounds like you've had more than your fair share! I didn't mean to worry you anymore. What happened to me is that the nerves exiting through my groin became impinged by scar tissue due to the intervention to take out the nodes in that area. It's vastly improved now - so hang in there, I'm sure things will get better

16 years 10 months ago #6103 by n3qtrtme
Replied by n3qtrtme on topic Self catheterization
Vin,

I have an appointment with the urologist on the 29th where we'll be discussing this issue. Pat from the forum also provided some additional ideas, so we'll see... maybe they can fix this. It would be WONDERFUL not to need to carry around catheters!

According to the information I have seen and what I have heard from the urologist so far, about 25% of females who get the neobladder have issues with hypercontinence. The urologist added that it's usually the small, skinny types (like me) that have those problems. It wasn't entirely unexpected for him, but it sure surprised me! You know, you never expect to be the one who has complications from surgery... you expect to be the model patient and have everything work just fine. Oh, well!

Christine Springfield
T3/G3 - Squamous Cell/Transitional Cell Carcinomas
RC w/Studer Pouch 4/25/07

16 years 10 months ago #6098 by pweization
n3,
Are they doing anything to help correct the hypercontinence? Any idea why you're reacting like this where others have had no problems?
Thanks for the reassuring post. Every story helps out more and more.
Thanks,
-Vin

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne