Hello I am new here...

17 years 2 months ago #3947 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hello I am new here...
MZ,

Dang! What a call! I know you must be fretting yourself sick. Listen, whatever happens tomorrow, you can deal with it. I know you must be scared. But, I agree with Patricia, the call was insensitive, and remember with the new HIPPA laws, the doctor's offices are only concerned with covering their own rear ends.

Don't spin out of control yet. We are here to help you through this in any way we can.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #3946 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Hello I am new here...
I hope you are sitting down...The Doctor finally called in some pain stuff..I have infection. Then he called me...he said biopsies were "not bad" and indicate the neobladder should be a go. There was more cancer cells at the tumor site which he resected. He said it will need to be resected again to be sure the margins are clean. Do they have to do that again with the bladder coming out? Most of my scans are ok we will discuss it tomarrow. Pat, thank you for the the push...I did go there with out woosing out. Tomarrow I intend to clarify what timely and sensitivity mean because I cannot deal with this on a regular basis. May I pee orange and in peace. Bless all

17 years 2 months ago #3941 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Hello I am new here...
Who ARE these insensitive people that work at that doctors office? I once had an internist who specifically told me not to take any guff from the girls at the front desk and demand to talk to him if i needed him..........I think you should do the same thing. I'd certainly question whether this is the right doctor for me. Pat

17 years 2 months ago #3940 by mznoregrets

Ok - I am close to basket case....Dr office called today finally. They called to remind me I have preoperative testing all day Monday. Thing is ...I DON"T  have that appt. but I do have an appt tomarrow afternoon. Then they said "wait a sec...oh sorry, Dr will talk to you tomarrow, forget we even called" ! Fat chance that will happen now..I asked if they had any help coming my way on the pain....answered me no. I told them them I am peeing pink again and it hurts even when I am not peeing. They said they will tell Dr and/or his nurse. Then I asked about the biopsies....they were done 7 days ago, please tell me results. Silence.....the Dr will talk about that tomarrow.  I am undeniably freaked out. Strange  no ideas on the urine test either.

I have been in pain that is progressing since Sun nite....NO FREAKING ANSWERS.
Dr asked hubby on Wed last week if ok to call with biopsies report - hubby said yes. Now they won't tell.
I am waiting on resultsfrom EVERYTHING-bone scan, chest ct, xrays, etc except for initial surgery pathology. My gut is telling me tomarrow is going to be so bad, I just wanna cry.  A basket case I am.

17 years 2 months ago #3890 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Hello I am new here...
I can't believe they haven't called you back...oh well..they're not in pain! I know you said you had irritation on the wall......but i wonder...just wonder...because you haven't been able to empty completely if there's not a clot in there? That happened to me and the hospital had instructed me to come back if i could not go.....what i did was get in a very hot bath and immediately after passed a huge blood clot. Anyway the bath got it dissolved someway........ok now i've scared you. But you really need to void...so be persistent. You may have to cath. You certainly don't need an infection on top of all this.......Pat

17 years 2 months ago #3887 by mznoregrets
Hi again, and thank you for the support. Somehow you folks are able to go the fine line between encouraging me to get answers without scaring me to death :) Makes it alot easier to face..

Tomarrow I get the bone scan and chest CT. Still haven't heard anything on Thursdays biopsies or margins. I did talk to Drs office today about the pain, also not able to get empty the last few days. They said the'd call back, and it is 5:20 pm here now. tomarrow maybe? lol

I am trying to maintain my positive attitude, and be happy anyways...I think my hubby is wondering if I am becoming schitzophremic ... All I did today was fill the dishwasher, and go to Walmart. You should see the house....candlelight won't hide this!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne