Hello I am new here...

17 years 1 month ago #4243 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Hello I am new here...
MZ that is exactly the Stage of my tumor. I am getting the chemo first then the surgery and I am also a candidate for the neobladder God willing if all goes well. I started with what now at the Univ of Penna Gemzar and Cisplatin what they refer to as the gold star after research on chemo drugs. But day 15 I had a very bad allergic reaction to the Gemzar so no can do now. I am now on the High Intensity MVAC chemo which is Methotrexate,Visblatin, Adraimycyn and Cisplatin. I was told this is equally as good chemo total of 4 weeks. One week Wed-Methotrexate Thurs- Vis,Adria,Cis Fri- a shot of neulasta to keep WBC up. Today I get shot so one week down. And since I had 2 rounds the Gemzar and Cisplatin first week and second week Gemzar then the rash they counted it as a cycle. I have you in my prayers and I am wishing you the best on Tuesday. Easier said then done MZ I know but I am sure you will do just fine. You have come along way here and are doing great I been following your posts. As far as funding I would do anything to help this is a great board. Also I had one suggestion to all if you use yahoo or msn messenger and msn is the best it would be great if folks would posts their email addys with what messenger they are using so we could all chat with whoever we wanted to. I use msn messenger everyday and my msn email addy is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and on yahoo is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I play alot of online poker and I have mic and have used msn messenger to talk to folks from all around the place at absolutely no cost and clear as a bell. Something I think members should consider about using messenger. If anyone is not sure how to get or use messenger I would be more then happy to help out. Good Luck MZ, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #4237 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Hello I am new here...
Hello friends,

Well,all tests and stuff are done at Mayo - neobladder is set for Tuesday the 13th. I been laying low trying to get over a head cold so the surgery doesn't get pushed back.

I have taken time to read much of the tales from the trenches and also the continuing stories of recovery. There is so much to be said of the courage to not only face this disease but really live in spite of it. Alot of you folks have inspired me to make a few posters....to remind me of the power I have to win no matter how it may go. The facts about invasive bc freaked me out at first. Reading the memoriums was sobering to say the least but I think it pushed me to get as educated as possible. That led me to striving for the best doctors and treatments. And the honesty and compassion of this network of beautiful souls is showing me how to daily do it. Next week will be hard I am sure, yet I know you have shed light on the path for me to follow.

I also read how Wendy started this sight, and how it is funded. It got me to thinking about what I can do to help. Do folks from the forum ever meet each other in close proximities? I have a few ideas and a strong desire to help somehow. Anyfeed back would be wonderful...I do believe I would be wasting time on BCG treatments for G3 T2b if not for the knowledge and support from this website.

Love you all, God Bless,MZ

17 years 1 month ago #4144 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Hello I am new here...
Hugs finally your getting the treatment you deserve.
I am so pleased now they only way is forward and your in great hands.
Take care try and relax over the weekend I know its not easy but at least you know your getting top care and dont need to worry about that.
Take care lots of love Claire x

17 years 1 month ago #4134 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Hello I am new here...
Hi Friends,

We just made it home - the roads were some of the worst I ever seen...

I met the Dr Blute today and was I glad. They found I have an infection - on antibiotics now. They did some scans ans tests to determine if it is surgery or chemo next. Hoping no spead so they will do the neobladder on the 13th at Mayo . I go back there on Tuesday for more tests, a peek and not sure what all else. They suspect invasion because of how deep it was( it had blood suppy) and that I have had signs since October.
  They have one smooth and awesome way of prossessing up there. And everybody was kind and sensitive and knowledgable. WHAT A DIFFERENCE :)

Love you guys, thank you for all the prayers :) mz

17 years 1 month ago #4121 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Hello I am new here...
MZ nothing to get alarmed about as far as clots and some blood. It has been over 4 weeks since my TUR and I have some small clots like 3 or 4 and also some pinkish color at times. Then most of time my urine appears normal. I asked Dr. about this and he said nothing here to worry about. Think of it like this when you get a big cut then a scab comes well you know how it is when it is healing some of the scab starts peeling off so this is scar tissue peeling off very similiar to use as an ezample. I'm glad to see things are getting better for you now as far as seeking better care you deserve the best get it.. I don't know about hard working lol :) joking you are hard working -hard working this disease and are a very attractive woman. I tried in chit chat to explained to you how to put picture or image on this board. Your code was right for html but these boards use PHP code it's different. So I have to show you this way or it will not work to show you the idea. So to put pic reminding you these are all together when you do ok use this [ img ] your link here then [ /img ] As I said MZ when your doing they are altogether hope this helps. Also with every post you can preview before you post to check it out if looks ok then post. Best Wishes, Joe

17 years 1 month ago #4120 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Hello I am new here...
Hooray..you made it!!!! About the blood again....they can't predict that unfortunately. It sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. As long as you still have part of that tumor in you it will demand a blood supply and it wouldn't be unusual for you to be passing clots again. I don't know about the stabbing pains??? I never had any pain....its very sneaky that way. Be sure you tell the doctor whats going on. My guess is he's not going to let you go home...he's going to want to start treatment right away and i know he's going to want to take a peek in there. On the good side the interstates are closed so you have to stay and they will probably have room for you as i'm sure others who are scheduled have not been able to get there or are sitting in some airport somewhere!
Saw your pic....you look exactly like i imagined......smart, determined and beautiful...a definate threat to the establishment!!
Hang in there....you are in the right place..........Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne