Finally got results-invassive bladder cancer

17 years 2 months ago #3574 by Mike
Well I got the call today from Dr. Wein's nurse and my tumor is invassive into the muscle wall. She did not say exactly what stage it is but from the info I have read so far it seems to point toward a T2b but this is not a fact as of yet.. She also told me they tested the surrounding areas in the bladder and that came back negative no cancer had spread to the rest of my bladder. Thank God that was encouraging for me to hear and she also said I hope that sheds some good light on your concerns. Now I will be scheduled for some follow up tests to be certain it is contained such as a bone scan etc. Now I don't need a 2nd opinion because this is the reason I chose the Univ of Pa. and Dr. Wein has a colleague Dr. Malkovich who specializes in building neobladders because my bladder will now have to be removed. So I do have a long road ahead of me but I can't thank God enough so far from what they see now that the tumor is contained and I know I'm repeating myself that the rest of the bladder appears ok. Going into my Turbt I honestly did not expect a tumor that was going to be superficial especially after Dr. Wein had told me it appeared the tumor had been there for awhile. Also there was no mention of cancer in the uretha so that is a green light for the neobladder. All I can do now is sit back they will be in contact with me shortly tomorow or the next day to start setting up exactly what type of treatments they are going to do for me. Well nothing would of been nicer then hearing it was just superficial but if all goes well I can certainly live with this. I am at a great hospital and have an excellent Dr. so all I can now is say my prayers and hope for the best outcome. Well God Bless You All, Joe

Thought I Throw This In--- I told Dr. Wein right off the get go that no matter what you want me to do I would do everything you required of me. As I put it to him you are the coach and I am the player all I can do is go out there and try to play the best game of my life to survive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne