Finally got results-invassive bladder cancer

17 years 1 month ago #3590 by Jmema
Joe,
You certainly are going into this with the right attitude and that is a major part of the battle. Do something that makes you smile every day and I know that praying really helps. I will keep you in my prayers to St. Peregrine as I pray for all of us every day.
Blessings.....Jean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #3589 by Mike
There are no words to explain all the kindness that I have received so far on this board and I personally wish everyone else the best in whatever you are dealing with at the present. I'll tell you all this yes I am nervous and scared I be a liar if I did not. Some were lucky and their tumor was superfical where mine was not and went into the muscle but the good news they said there are no other tumors in my bladder and it seems to be contained. But to know all this for sure I know they will rum some more tests so this news was not the greatest but it could of been worst. For me thinking positive comes from living one day at a time and when my mind starts to run I try and find something else to do. This was the last thing I ever thought I be dx with but I was and I can't change that. We are all human with one life, so to me I got two choices here just roll over and give up or try and focus as positive as I can and go out to try and beat this. I myself choose the latter and I just pray to God that he will guide me through this and to give me all the strength I need to try and beat this. Thanks Everyone & God Bless You, Joe

17 years 1 month ago #3588 by clur
Hi Jo
Sorry that the news is not that the tumour is superficial.But I am so pleased you seem to have a great team behind you and such a positive attitude.Thats so important heading into treatment and makes a huge difference to speed of recovery from the surgery.
I hope your waits not too long and wish you all the best.If I can help at all please just shout.
Love Claire x

17 years 1 month ago #3587 by Sandra
Hi Joe: Been looking for your update....You have many things going for you...a great family, doctor, hospital and most of all a great positive attitude. This will see you though...

All of your BC friends are pulling and praying for you.

Take care, Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

17 years 1 month ago #3577 by timb
Joe

There's a lot of combined experience of neobladders on this site and an absoloute ton of support. I'm sure you'll won't hold back on asking questions. I myself had this op last October and am doing really well and amazed at my body's ability to have adapted to this change (I've made quite a few postings about it over the months!). I already have days where it doesn't even cross my mind. As you said, it's great that reports so far indicate the disease is contained. Also it sounds like you have a good attitude to your situation which will serve you well in the time to come.

All the best mate and keep us posted

regs

tim

17 years 1 month ago #3576 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Finally got results-invassive bladder cancer
Joe,

I've been waiting to hear how it went. Things could be a lot worse, as you say. I'm very, very glad that you chose Dr. Wein to be your Doctor. I feel in my gut that you are in very good hands.

You are handling this very well, and I am very proud of you. Will be waiting to hear from you again.

Your BC buddy,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne