invasive 3 bc

13 years 6 months ago #34593 by michael305
Replied by michael305 on topic invasive 3 bc
you bet I will! Im hoping Dr Koch is correct too!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #34592 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic invasive 3 bc
Michael i too had muscle invasive just barely into the muscle and 36 nodes removed all clean 8 yrs agao and did not have to do chemo. The bladder was clean according to pathology..that happens in more cases than you would imagine. So here's hoping you don' have to do the chemo. please let us know the follow-up.
pat

13 years 6 months ago #34591 by michael305
Thanks mike! I loved the 6 nights of sleep I did get with the external catherters but I am glad I didnt continue them being I am getting some sleep and have learned to empty my bladder at least 2-3 times a night compared to going to bathroom ever 25 minutes and no sleep. I still have accidents but not as bad as in begining. its hard but not as hard as when I 1st experienced the bleeding and pain when this started. I am grateful for this forum -I have learned alot and you have alot of excellent folks here willing to give thier support.

13 years 6 months ago #34588 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic invasive 3 bc
Michael,
I use condom catheters every night but I'm two years out and do not expect to ever acheive night time continence. I do not recommend using condom catheters in the early training phases, so I agree with your doc.

The only time I do is when someone is talking about being so sleeped deprived or so fed up with the wet undergarments. In the case of the former, only wearing it for one night to get some sleep. In the case of the latter, wearing it, but getting up in accordance with the schedule to empty anyway. Even then, not to use all the time. Reason being, it gets too easy to not worry about it if you have a condom catheter.

I know you are already planning on listening to your doc so this is more information for other people who read the forum.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 6 months ago #34585 by michael305
As far as the final path goes ill look into it again I was so out of it for the longest time and my wife remebers more of it then me lol. Dr koch checked 68 nodes and all came back clean. this is why he does not think i will need checmo but come the 28 of oct i will know more on that meeting. he said he would get his oncologist advice on chemo. as far as prostate my pas was low but he stated it would be best to remove it with the bladder. the cancer was in the bladder muscle and also my father passed away this feb 16 from prostate cancer so i had no argument over it.the catherters were the external type just kinda like the condom type but if I wanted to train myself and get some sleep I decided to go with Dr Koch's advice and yes the man is a genius and I would recomend him to anyone looking.

13 years 6 months ago #34581 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic invasive 3 bc
michael...what did the final path report say? Were any of the nodes affected?..or just into the prostate?
Catheters are notorious for causing infection so i can understand why Dr. Koch did not want you using one. Mike uses a condom catheter in the evening which is a bit different i think. One gets extremely sleep deprived when trying to train the neo or the Indiana at first. Dr. Koch is a top rated uro/surgeon in the bladder cancer field and i'm willing to bet if you just hang in there you will get it trained.
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne