Confused

13 years 11 months ago #31967 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Confused
The reason that Mayo has the reputation they do is because they have some of the best doctors in the world. Listen to them over a local urologist every time.

You've had multiple recurrences and pretty much know where this is going. My opinion (but I'm just a guy with a neobladder with the mindset of aggressive treatment is the best treatment) is to have the RC now.

My thought process is that there are two options. Option 1, try something else even though you pretty much know where this is going and get an RC later. Option 2, get the RC now.

If you are wrong on Option 1, you risk spread of the cancer.
If you are wrong on Option 2, you second guess yourself for the rest of your (much longer) life and wonder if you could have gone without getting the RC for a couple more years.

When mine came back it was invasive when we caught it.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #31964 by jillo
Confused was created by jillo
A year ago I was diagnosed with T1G3 tumor, and multiple lower grade tumors. I had treatment with BCG and had a recurrence of low grade tumors. I then had BCG with interferon and in Dec I had a clear Cystoscopy. I had another recurrence this April this year. 2 high grade and two low grade tumors. They removed them and sent me to the Mayo for a second opinion 3 weeks later. The mayo found another low grade tumor. My dilemma is 2 local urologists feel I should try an 8 week round of Mitomycin. The Mayo Dr. feels I should have a RC. He feels that I would just be delaying an RC that will probably happen and I will be risking it coming back invasive. I am 44 and would like to try the treatments and then I know I have tried everything, but I also don't want to be taking such a risk either. Any thoughts or suggestions????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne