Confused

13 years 10 months ago #32036 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic Confused
I would think there aren't any grave time issues and 8 weeks of further treatment at stage 1 is do-able. Then a few weeks of monitoring to see if any recurrence. Generally, the RC is recommended at stage 2..muscle wall invasion. At least it was in my case. Did you discuss with the Mayo Dr the recommendation of 8 week regimen of miomycin? Is the Mayo Dr saying there is urgency? Those are the things you have to know at this point.

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32026 by Mona
Replied by Mona on topic Confused
My husband was diagnosed with T1G3+CIS at age 35. We weren't prepared to wait till it spread so went straight for RC. That was 3.5 years ago and he remains clear.
Mona

13 years 10 months ago #32024 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Confused
I have to add my voice to this.... Mike is right! You know where this is going... It is time to go with the aggressive RC.
I do like his line "you can spend the rest of your LONG life pining for your lost bladder" Remember that ling about Loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg!

I also thought about NOT putting any harsh chemicals in your body. Surgery is no picnic, but, I don't take a single drug since.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 10 months ago #31989 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Confused
Jillo...i posted on your other thread about O'Donnell at the U of Iowa. He's a top man in the field of bladder cancer.
www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/urology/urologymds/odonnell.html
pat

13 years 10 months ago #31987 by jillo
Replied by jillo on topic Confused
Yes, they did do a re-turb and they all tested ok. They did remove one more low grade tumor that showed up after my TUR just 3 weeks earlier. I am located in Nebraska.

13 years 10 months ago #31977 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Confused
Did Mayo do a re-Turb? Or just a cystoscope?
When high grade continues to come back after BCG or Mitomycin as Dr. Herr said " We know where its going"...top uro/surgeon at MSK.
I know how tenacious we can be about our bladders. Personally i would think about a third opinion if it were me. I've forgotten where you are Jillo....??
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne