Edward Homeward..

14 years 4 months ago #29014 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Edward Homeward..
Sled, YOU have it! That "Strange" personality that finds the humor in it all. That will keep you and the ones around you "somewhat" sane in this insane time.
Good luck to You and Rudy.
My fixes were, orange juice and yogurt. I haven't had much dairy in years, but after surgery I kind of craved it.
:dry: :dry:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #29013 by Sled Ed
Replied by Sled Ed on topic Edward Homeward..
Hi Rudy..Glad to hear you are at home and healing. I read up on your story yesterday and wow..were you ever out of that "room with a view" in a short time. My Doc also tried getting me out early but started getting way too many gas cramps and stayed a while longer. How are you now Rudy..are you experiencing any gas or discomfort? If not congrats..if so what are you using for comfort? I've tried scallops oysters lobster and red wine..am I on the right track? chuckle!
All the best with your recovery Rudy..and to your family of support.

Ed

14 years 4 months ago #28977 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Edward Homeward..
:) Ed: good to hear you going home. While being home is a challenge it was one I was thankful to have. As for me I have down days and up days right now.. but you are right we all have much to be thankful for, technology, surgeons, advanced medicine and living here in the US where it is all available at a moments notice.

Even when I have a down day I just hunker down and look forward to tomorrow!

Best of luck

Rudy

14 years 4 months ago #28970 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Edward Homeward..
Sled, You are now the MAN! I'm so glad to hear you are out of the asylum! I can FEEL the positive waves(as opposed to "negative waves" re: Donald Sutherland- Kelly's Heroes)

I wish I had this site before I had RC. I was in THE exact spot you were; naked, looking in the mirror and seeing all the tubes, scars and staples, and.... I cried. I am CERTAINLY not a crying kind of guy. But, I cried. I was so depressed.
My brother called me as I was in bed, and said he could not visit me if I didn't look good.
I knew full well I looked like crap, but I told him I was perfect. I remember washing up and making sure I "looked" fine. I covered all the tubes and bags and IV entry points. We had a nice visit until the nurse came in and removed the magic curtain for a check!

As for your, at home recovery, keep up the good work. Maybe the goals may be pushed back a bit, but keep them anyway. Soon you will feel the "healing pain". You will know what that is and suddenly you will realize you can push yourself a little more. The goal of riding the machine will be realized (Maybe NOT with the skis in the air) Life will be good again.

So glad to hear from you

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 5 months ago #28964 by kittylee
Replied by kittylee on topic Edward Homeward..
Ed,
What a wonderful letter you wrote! And only ten days post RC, at that. I wish you the best possible recovery and adjustment period after your RC.

I am a caregiver to my wonderful husband, Ron
10/04 Multiple T1G3 - TURBT & 3 yrs BCG -
9/08 Invasive BLC w/distant mets
11/08 - 3/09 Gemzar/Cisplatin chemo regimen
4/09 Radiation to bone mets
6/09 lung and liver met progression - start ITP chemo
10/09 My darling Ron passed away

14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #28956 by Sled Ed
Edward Homeward.. was created by Sled Ed
Hi Forum Members and Guests..

Ten days in the hospital was just about the right amount of time to make me miss my big screen and lose that 10 inch hospital TV.
As I write I hope all of you are doing well and moving along successfully in your various placements on your lifes' journey.
I am a man that knows when it is time to give thanks..there are so many reasons to be thankful. A main reason to write you all today is to give you that thanks. If it were not for this forum I would have learned so little about my RC and am afraid that these past couple of weeks would have been much more challanging. I referred back to my memory banks on so many occasions so I could get through various obstacles. Every day I thought of Leigh, Pat, Mike, Melody, "Hotrod" George, and many others. I in particular thought of Intransition during many times when my stomach would heave..U my angel must have gone through pure living hell and anyone else who had to vomit during this process. I got lucky there..but was always waiting for it and thinking how did that poor lady do it!!!!
Mike..your direct approach and matter of fact way of saying things helped me out a real lot. During one day early in the morning about 5-6 days post-op I stood naked in the hospital bathroom and examined myself in the mirror. I saw a tube over my shoulder going down to my spinal epidural, an IV for meds, a bag attached to stomach housing two urether stints and a malicott on my left side below my
'inny button', on the side of my stomach was another tube (JP) a series of staples, and a penis catheter attached to a leg bag. If it wasn't for you Mike and so many just like you...I could have gotten truly depressed and want to crawl in a corner. I instead put a happy on and thanked
God while scratching my coconut head and wondered..hmm..I hope these staples don't mark me up too bad. This forum team is truly awesome!!!!!!!!
Now you George I believe are a whole lot like me.."What the mind of man..or woman can concieve..and believe..the mind of man can achieve through having a positive mental attitude". When I was away various members continued to write on my thread and last nite I got to read it and have a chuckle. I read yours first and went 'yeah George' than went on to read Mike and Pat.I loved what you wrote Pat 'cause it was more in line with the slap on the head a fellow like me needs. I'm very much about speed and acceleration..big fast raceboats, very fast street cars, and sleds that spend their time with skis in the air. Your sensibility as well Mikes' will definitely have me polishing long before operating equipment!! I need to be healed properly and take time to smell the snowflakes!
Please let this thread be my way of thanking you all..one to the other!! This man owes you all SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Sincerely Sled Ed

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne