Edward Homeward..

14 years 4 months ago #29192 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Edward Homeward..
Ed,

The B in my T1B diagnosis represents a very deep T1. Although it is not standard staging procedure, some pathologists break up the T1 staging into T1A and T1B. I had multiple tumors, one of which was very deep so they staged me as T1B. The deep tumor broke into small fragments when it was removed and I was warned that the pathology may be inacurate because of that. My surgeon warned me that there was a 50/50 chance that my deep tumor was actually T2, although the pathology showed T1B.

Yes my birthday is june 1, 1952 so we are the same age and born on the same day! Looks like it was an unlucky day to be born on as far as bladder cancer goes. But then again maybe it was a lucky day, we have both survived the cancer.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #29188 by Sled Ed
Replied by Sled Ed on topic Edward Homeward..
Hi Leigh..

All the best to you as well.
Tonight my favorite ladies will be here to decorate my xmas tree. I do look forward to this holiday season!
Hanging around the house and recovering can certainly be boring..

Take Care
Ed

14 years 4 months ago #29182 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Edward Homeward..
Hello Ed,

I am glad you hae the kidney stone issue resolved and well into yur healing after RC.

Wishing you a further uneventful healing process...

Enjoy those falling snow flakes...

Best...Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #29181 by Sled Ed
Replied by Sled Ed on topic Edward Homeward..
Hi KC ..Hope all is well

I thought it was heavy gas but discovered I was passing a kidney stone..no fun at all but good to go now thanks.

I noticed at the bottom of ur page you show T1B G3..mine is the same except no B ..what does the B represent?
I noticed something else. We may have been born on the same day. You are 57 and in your profile show your birthday as 06/01.
I'm 57 birthday June 1/52.. if your 06 is June than that makes it the same. I had quite a chuckle!!

Ed

14 years 4 months ago #29174 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Edward Homeward..
Sled Ed,

Sorry to hear about your return to the hospital. Hope you are OK now.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

14 years 4 months ago #29024 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Edward Homeward..
Sled Ed I am now doing just fine. I don't need to take any pepsid or ant acids. Once I got the bowels working and rid of fluid build up in the abdomen it just went away. I did try some bacon bits on some home made pizza yesterday and that did not sit well. Nothing serious but won't be eating that for a while.

I can not wait to have a glass of wine with dinner. Maybe tomorrow.

Today I was actually able to go out to lunch with my wife... it was great to see things returning to normal.

Rudy ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne