I am 9 days post-op RC and doing well so far.

14 years 10 months ago #26468 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic I am 9 days post-op RC and doing well so far.
Welcome to the 'Neobladder Club'! I hope it behaves itself for you!
I still cannot get over the fact that you are all discharged so quickly over there - we are kept in hospital for at least 21/2 - 3 weeks in the UK!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Betsy Mae

PS:The neobladder training will be tough but worthwhile! I can barely remember that time now - 22 months down the line!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26466 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic I am 9 days post-op RC and doing well so far.
What a long way you have come, Sonya. I remember when you first posted. And now, here you are with a neo! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Is there anything at all that makes you feel hungry? Bran muffin dripping in butter? Choco-cherry blizzard from DQ? Banana dipped in marshmallow? Now is the time to treat yourself. Every bite is a victory. Your innards have been asleep, and are slow to wake. Oatmeal and yogurt might be a way to get them moving a little.

Who is doing the food runs for you?

Stephany in Iowa

14 years 10 months ago #26460 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I am 9 days post-op RC and doing well so far.
Glad you're home Sonja.....they gave me Nexium to take for about 6 weeks only...you might ask about that.
Try to get some protein each day and a banana......but it does take a while for the appetite to come back. I think i lived on eggs, banana's, Starbucks Mocha and hot fudge sundaes for quite a while!!
Pat

14 years 10 months ago #26459 by Sonya1
I had my RC at UCSF 6/17 and am now home. I saw a home care RN today and my only problem is a leak where my j tubing was and some acid feeling in the stomach. I can't eat much but am trying. I ended up with the neo. I just wanted everyone to know.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne