I am 9 days post-op RC and doing well so far.

14 years 9 months ago #26514 by GKLINE
I wanted to welcome you to the club. You are now a Survivor, in the real sense. You are loved by all of us, and we want to keep your spirits up during these critical first weeks.

It is OK to be selfish during this time. It appears from your post that you are normally a very unselfish person, sooo....be selfish.

As for what to eat.... try a bunch of stuff (in small servings) and when you find that one thing... go for it! Mine was cottage cheese. Used to hate it...loved it for about 3 weeks (had the fridge stocked).... Suddenly hated it again! Then came the Orange juice craving (had the fridge stocked) then that stopped I am having a cottage cheese and OJ sale on some very OLD product!

Seriously, try a little of all your cravings and find a selfish delight. and Enjoy!

Our best wishes to you for a quick recovery and a BIG appetite!

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26482 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic I am 9 days post-op RC and doing well so far.
And could you handle a little sugar sprinkled on that bread and butter? That would be a BIG treat to me. I hope you have really good bread and soft butter. Then you could make a bread, butter, and banana sandwich!

How are you feeling tonight? You sound like someone used to taking care of yourself by yourself. I hope you're treating yourself well.

Stephany in Iowa

14 years 9 months ago #26478 by Sonya1
Thanks everyone. Dr Konety did the surgery and I go back on the 8th of July to get the catheter out. It is so hot here I really can't go out so I am walking inside. I will try a bananna. Yesterday it took four hours to get through a half of a banana. Nothing seems appetizing right now, I am forcing whatever I can down. I stocked up on food before I went into the hospital so I have a lot of food. My sister is comming out to help for a week or two. My friends drove me back and forth to the hospital and made one food run yesterday because I was craving bread and butter.

14 years 9 months ago #26474 by Gracie
Hi Sonya,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. The healing does take time so be patient and be so very kind to yourself.

I had a banana every day and just continued with that through today. Of course the protein is so important for healing. Soft boiled eggs were easy for me to eat and process.

Did Dr. Konety do the surgery?

Let us know if you have any questions. Besides the healing, there is the adjustment. The people here are amazing in helping along the way - no question is too small or embarassing.

Wishing you well ~
Gracie

14 years 9 months ago #26471 by Webs
Welcome to the Neo club.B) Sorry you had to join, but glad you are doing well. I will add mashed potatoes made with cream cheese to the list. Easy to get down and they have some protein to them.

Keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Webs

14 years 9 months ago #26469 by mmc
Glad to hear you are home and doing well!
Keep up the walking and take it easy otherwise. Remember that healing takes time. Spoil yourself a bit and take things easy.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and happy neo.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne