Ed and Cyndi’s excellent adventure in Chicago

15 years 2 months ago #23846 by Stephany
So happy to hear that, Ed! And maybe you can use the cookie smell to keep her awake long enough to change the channel! I hope she's up and walking tomorrow, so she can work up an appetite.

We'll look forward to hearing from her when she's more compos mentis.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #23845 by DougG
Glad to hear the good news!!!

Doug and Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #23844 by eddiek
Hello again everyone:

The laptop is back on the charger, so I can provide a little further update. Cyndi is now resting comfortably in her room and her husband has been feed! She's already busy settling in and I have been putting away some of her items. She's especially happy because she has two of her favorite down pillows which we brought with us from Dalton.

She wanted to watch TV, but then feel asleep, so I changed the channel to something that I wanted to watch. There's an Au Bon Pain at the entrance to the hospital. At around ten in the evening, they mark all the cookies half price. I'm sure that since Cyndi can't have one yet, she won't mind if I have hers.

Cyndi was awake for a minutes and I asked her if she wanted me to post any special message, but she went back to sleep; we'll wait until tomorrow. Everyone have a good evening and I'll provide another update tomorrow morning.

Again, thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

Cyndi and Ed K.

Edward J. Kinsella
American Bladder Cancer Society
Board of Directors - Treasurer/Secretary

& Caregiver

15 years 2 months ago #23843 by pemquid
Ed and Cynthia--

VERY glad to hear things are going smoothly so far. It's truly inspiring that with all you are going through you are keeping us all updated as much as you are. Both of you catch up on your rest (as hard as that is to do in a hospital), and we're all thinking of you and hoping for both an uneventful recovery and good news once al the results are in post-surgery
Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

15 years 2 months ago #23841 by eddiek
Hello Everyone:

Cyntia is finally in a room of her own. She arrived in the room about 1800 hours (CT) and is now resting. Battery on laptop is running low, so I provide more information a little later tonight.

Thanks to everyone!!

Ed K.

Edward J. Kinsella
American Bladder Cancer Society
Board of Directors - Treasurer/Secretary

& Caregiver

15 years 2 months ago #23840 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Ed and Cyndi’s excellent adventure in Chicago
Hi both of you, glad things sound as if they·ve gone ok so far, wishing you an uneventful recovery.Please keep us updated Eddie, and Cynthia, please take your own advice to others and take it slowly. Remember softly, softly,catchee monkey.
love Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne