Urostomy

15 years 7 months ago #20890 by sydelle
Replied by sydelle on topic Urostomy
I have a ? Has anyone heard of Dr. Bernard Bochner's skills with RC, and outside bags?:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #20871 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Urostomy
Bali..Dr. Bochner doing your surgery right? Thats a bummer. I would trust his judgement but what if this is just a temporary thing with the irritable bowell?...or have you had it before?...I know i have the Indiana Pouch and whenever i get an irritable bowel or diarhea my pouch immediately also acts up and pretends its not a bladder!!...But it does heal quickly. I hope you get some replies from some ladies who have the ileal conduit. I'll put out my feelers as i know a lot of the guys get them but not so much the women.
Pat

15 years 7 months ago #20870 by balihigh
Urostomy was created by balihigh
Well, my RC is scheduled for next Friday. I had my appointment with the doctor on Wednesday and he told me that I was about to become a bag lady, much to my dismay. I was hoping that it would be possible to have a neobladder but due to my recent diagnosis with mild colitis, he said it is out of the question. I really understand but am very much disappointed. I do not want to put an inflamed colon in for my bladder. It could cause me all kinds of problems and even end up with another major surgery.

Most of the posts I have read from you ladies are about neobladders. I would like to hear from those of you, especially ladies, that have the bag. What can I expect? How are you dealing with it? I know that it is probably hidden under your clothes but how do you feel about yourself now? I cringe every time I think of that bag hanging there but it is not far away.

Thanks for your help.
Balihigh

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne