Should I be worrying...

15 years 9 months ago #19283 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Should I be worrying...
Dear Kat,

This is normal and try not to worry too much... I know you must be eager to see your Dad.

When I came out of surgery after my RC I also had the breathing tube and my family were told to wait until I was off it. Each hospital has differing rules I guess and some are more cautious and protect the family from too much distress.

If you really want to see him you could also just press upon them to allow you...

I am sure they will let you see him soon though...please be well prepared for all the tubes and machines around him.

I wish your Dad a speedy recovery....

Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19281 by Kat9854
Should I be worrying... was created by Kat9854
Hi Everyone,

My father had his bladder removed this morning. The surgery started at 8:30 am and was finished around 2 pm. I was in the family waiting room waiting for the attendant to let me know when I can go in and see him. At 4:30, she told me he still had the breathing tube in and was not awake yet. She paged the surgeon's assistant doctor. He called me and told me they had planned to keep him ventilated for a few more hours than usual due to him being a smoker.

It is now 5:30 pm; he's been out of surgery for about 4 hours now. Is this normal that the doctor told me to wait a few more hours?

Any information for similar experiences would be very helpful as I wait.

Thanks,
Kat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne