Me and Rosebud - back to work

16 years 2 months ago #14175 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
Melodie you seem to be doing great, I am so proud of you my friend, remember to take it easy, rest up and have a great weekend.
Maria xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #14157 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
ummmmmmm Melodie...3 people in your work place have blc?....OK now thats worrisome!
Pat

16 years 2 months ago #14156 by Melodie
Me and Rosebud - back to work was created by Melodie
Hi all,

Since I started back to work I haven't had much chance to review what is happening here on the forum. I am getting used to rising early and getting myself off to work...each morning I say, "OK, Rosebud, it's you and I, let's go!" So far, my beloved stoma has not let me down. She and the bladder have behaved very well and I have had no problems. I am very careful to empty when the signal is given and always hit the restroom before commuting home.

Since I have the Indy Pouch, I am thinking of what fun it will be when some of the gals where I work, who don't know me, walk in and see my feet under the stall, pointing towards the toilet and hear what will sound to them like a man urinating....I think maybe I should lower my voice and maybe wear some men's cologne and really keep them guessing. I can have fun with this idea.

Anyway, the highlight of my week turned out to be meeing up with Rick here on the forum...we discovered months ago that we work for the same company so had planned on meeting for coffee when I got back to work. It was great to meet another BC warrior in person. He looked and sounded great and I so enjoyed talking wit him. We talked about the pros and cons of each of our diversions,etc. We both have adapted very well to what we have and are happy with our choice. We have both agreed to help educate others in regard to the diversion we have...and I have a male friend who works nearby who has the neobladder so no matter who we talk with, if they have questions about a diversion, there is someone here we can refer them to help answer questions.

My best to all. Take care. Melodie :)

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne