Me and Rosebud - back to work

16 years 1 month ago #14269 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
Melonie and Rick great that you had a great visit. It's always great to meet people face to face. Ginger and I talked on the phone thanks to Ginger for reaching out, somday maybe more of us will meet.

I agree Rick I've had more people ask "Well, what causes this type of cancer" Maybe we need to put together a questioner and present the answers to the researchers.

hugs to all
just me pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14249 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
Melodie, So nice to hear you met up with Rick, and the work thing is going well, good for you, back to living again... very happy for you!!!Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #14197 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
Isn't that the truth Rick....the same questions about smoking and chemicals are asked no matter what cancer you have......maybe we can come with some common links?
They obviously need help!!.......Pat

16 years 2 months ago #14196 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
It was great to see a Cafe member in the flesh.
I thoroughly enjoyed our chat.
I look forward to more coffee breaks in the workplace.

I shared with Melodie that it is interesting that there are no lifestyle questionnaires to complete when you get bladder cancer. How are they to know what causes the cancer (besides smoking and exposure to chemicals) if they don't gather data from the people who have the cancer.

Rick

PS. Melodie was so kind, She said I looked younger in person then I did in my picture.

16 years 2 months ago #14191 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
Hello Melodie,

Great to hear that your return to work is going well..

Take care..

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 2 months ago #14180 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Me and Rosebud - back to work
Pat,

Rick works where I do, but the other guy works for another company across the highway from where we are. Rick and I were talking the other day about "why" and neither of us have smoked or ever worked with chemicals or around them. I have lost count of our work population where I am but it has to be somewhere between 16,000 and 27,000; in a place that large, we have to have some other BC warriors there but we just don't know who they are.

When I returned to the company and had to complete a form where they ask the question, was your medical condition work related? I put a question mark and wrote, "who knows with cancer?"....both Rick and I work in administrative areas so although we travel through a factory environment, most of our time is in an office.

Melodie

Maria,

Thanks for your good thoughts...I do have to watch myself; ensuring I get plenty of liquids and take breaks from the PC and then get enough rest in the evenings.

Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne