Back in the hospital AGAIN!

16 years 3 months ago #12304 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Back in the hospital AGAIN!
So sorry Stephanie....there always seems to be a risk of infection with the nephrostomy tube........www.radiology.osu.edu/pdfs/ForPatients/Procedures_Conditions/IR_Procedures/Urology_Cathetors/nephrostomyCatheterCare.pdf
Hope they find the right combination of antibiotics to clear everything up.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12300 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Back in the hospital AGAIN!
Stephany,
I thought I told you to stay out of that place. Maybe he will turn around fast and get home ,, again,,,sorry to hear about it. Those darn infections!!
Take care and God speed.....ginger

16 years 3 months ago #12298 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Back in the hospital AGAIN!
Hi Stephany - We are so sorry to hear this...I just sent you an email last night in response to yours. Hopefully someone will have insight regarding your concerns and the doctors will have answers too after the test results are in. Keep us posted and know that Doran (and you) will be in our prayers. Margot and Harry

16 years 3 months ago #12295 by Stephany
Back in the hospital AGAIN! was created by Stephany
Doran is back in the hospital again. He started to run a fever on Wednesday, and we were afraid that his massage may have caused a problem, but I think he had been running a small temp even before that.

They gave him an infusion in the ER on Wednesday, and when he talked to his nurse on Friday, she didn't think he was getting better fast enough.

End result, he's back at the University, getting scans and stuff, because they are afraid of a blood infection. I don't think they'll let him go home until the blood cultures come back.

Is anyone familiar with this danger? And the treatment?

The good news is that his surgeon stopped by and said that they woujld probably reverse the nephrostomy in March or April. His supposition is that the ureter got stretched, and is turning necrotic, and will have to be replaced.

I would love to hear from someone who could maybe give me some insight on the infection problem.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne