I was home for Chirstmas

16 years 4 months ago #12014 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Wow Don....i think you've broken a record for waking up the bowels...4 days and out of there.....I went 5. Congratulations. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #12011 by carolyn king
Replied by carolyn king on topic I was home for Chirstmas
I'm having my surgery tomorrow and as you can imagine I'm a basket case. Hope to have the neo at IU by Dr.Koch. Your posting as given me some hope. I just found out in November stage 2 thought I was healthy took no medications. Not smoked for years. Turned 60 this year and my husband just got a great results from a heart cath after 10 years after open heart surg. Best of luck to you I will be following your progress. I'm just so scared as you know. Carolyn

16 years 4 months ago #12010 by skypilot
I was home for Chirstmas was created by skypilot
Hi all and Merry Christmas and happy new year. Both Surgeons said it went as good as expected.
I do understand Dr. Menon did have to take a second margin on the left ureter. But all else looked good. I was in OR Fryday from 815 am till 730 but surgery started at 9am. I did not hardly need the morphine pump at all the second night was kinda of rough I used it a few times that night. I got up at 7 am day after surgery, I wanted to get things moving, I walked then and 3 more times that day. I was able to pass gas the next second morning a little, Then third day I had a bowel movement, I am on a clear diet till he sees me on Thursday. Morning at 10 am. They let me come home Monday afternoon 3 days after Surgery. They pulled out the drain tube that picks up the fluid from lymph nodes area they removed. That was just before I left. I have a Foley cath goes into one bag and a bag for my ureters. They say in 2 weeks they can remove if all is well. Well now we wait for all the path reports, I will let you know how that turns out. I have to irrigate the neo once a day and its not to bad. Have to avoid UTI as best as I can, I am sore in the belly but I am sure that is normal. Thank you for your help to all that guided me. I think Dr Menon,Dr. Peabody and Dr, Boras have all been great. If you have this problem and neeed good help and want to concider a great team for the da vinci robot and they do make the neo or wahtever devertion you want that part in my case the Neo, this is done manuly, I recomend Henery ford medical Center. Don

Hanging in there!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne