I was home for Chirstmas

16 years 3 months ago #12025 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Gene: I was in the hospital 2 hours short of 3 full days after I left the suregery. So I would call it 3 days. but I very pleased with that, They told me going in it would be 3 or 4 days. Dut maria I am still recovering but amazed that this morning 5 and half days out of surgery, how good I feel but I have a long way to go, I am a fast moving guy and I have to stay seteled down, But I have no pain just when I get up it is just like I did way to mant set ups. If you doing the rc get your body in as good of condition as possible, I do a 30 min workout 4 days a weels and eat good stuff go with no beef for a week before surgery drink lots of water the day before to hidrate your body, I was giving these tips and I think it helped if you want to talk to me anytime I am here for you, For whatever advice I can give, That goes any one out there. Edited to add I also have been drinking Isaic for 2 years. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12021 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Hi Don, you seem to have made an amazing recovery from your major surgery. You are an inspiration to those of us 'waiting' which is reflected by your attitude and sheer determination to get through this.

Hope you continue to make a good recovery, but slow down and take it easy.

Best Wishes to you for the New Year
Maria xxx

16 years 3 months ago #12019 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Don, I am still in shock, surgery Friday, home on Monday,that would be 2 whole days for recovery, coming home Monday afternoon. No matter what way you count it day wise,,its remarkable..Gene

16 years 3 months ago #12018 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Sky,

Thank you so much for sharing your story and letting us know that things CAN go well
with RC. You have an amazing attitude and are a great cause for hope on this forum.

Thanks and it is so good to hear from you and that you are doing well and also with great attitude!

Your Buddy,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 months ago #12016 by Joe M
Replied by Joe M on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Congratulations sky!
Three days! Amazing.
Glad your home and 'waddling' about.
Be comfortable and play with the toys Santa brought you.

Unfortunately, for us in Green Bay...the Packers fell flat on their "kiesters" against the Bears.
Being at Henry Ford Medical, I can only assume you are a Lions fan!
You can be cured of that too! javascript:void(0); lol

Get lots of rest.

16 years 3 months ago #12015 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic I was home for Chirstmas
Carolyn you might not have time to read this before you goin, What i did is when I went into the pre op area I just let go of control went with the flow,and had afew laufhs with the nurses that prep meand the lady that shaved, Wow my hairy belly hid my big belly looked realy stranch. Went to or went to sleep woke up 11 hours later in recovery. I have on the forum you have a great docter. Just stay positive and get er done.
Pat. They always said I full hot air and I proved it. I think one reason I was home early is preping my bidy emotionly and working out and building up my amune system with some things like Isaic tea. but Its not over for me yet I have to still heal more I have learn the new bladder. I can and will do it all well that was my Goal when I made the final choice to do RC. Don

Hanging in there!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne