4 days till the big RC,

16 years 4 months ago #11833 by newpatient
Replied by newpatient on topic 4 days till the big RC,
Hi Don,
Just want you to know I'll be praying for you. May your surgery and recovery be swift and as comfortable for you as possible.
- Carmine -

Age 54 T2 high grade Rx 9/17/2007
RC 4/24/2008 Dr. David Chen
Fox Chase Cancer Ctr. Philadelphia PA
with DaVinci Robotic Assist
Retired from General Motors
1/1/2008 (with 30yrs).
Married

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11832 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic 4 days till the big RC,
;)Thankyou to all of you. I am as always thankful for the suport. I am going to ask my wife to post how it is going this weekend. I hope to be home by Christmas Day. I dont think the hospital will have internet. Shirley will stay with me at least the first night. They have a rolaway bed to bring into my room. Thanks again from Don

Hanging in there!

16 years 4 months ago #11826 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 4 days till the big RC,
Don,

Good luck with the surgery. You've certainly been a trooper through all of this.
I know you will be glad when it is over.

I will be thinking of you, Buddy.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 4 months ago #11819 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic 4 days till the big RC,
Don, My thoughts and prayers are for an uncomplicated surgery and post op for you. I have followed your posts these past 22 months and have admired how you methodically and logically stayed informed and went for your various treatments, check ups and were supportive of others needs on the forum. I personally have gained more courage, comfort and reassurance from reading the posts to you from those who have been through a cystectomy. Isn't it reassuring to know that this wonderful, experienced, caring and informative grouping of people will be here post op for your support and guidance also? Rosie

16 years 4 months ago #11816 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic 4 days till the big RC,
Don,
Wishing you the very best and you will be in my prayers.

Keep that attitude!

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

16 years 4 months ago #11815 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic 4 days till the big RC,
Hey Don, Battle on, go for it, get it over with, GREAT ATTITUDE, after its over you can smile at your wife and she'll say, its all good , promise, afterall your asleep and loved ones are tearing there hair out. I was amazed at how the surgery was not the culprit at all, just the aggrivation of the waiting, you'll be fine, and a good path report to, nobody wants chemo, Gene escaped it as well, so lucky are we to be in that group. So far anyway,,,,you'll not forget what you did christmas of 2007...call anytime Don,,your in our thoughts and prayers,, shirley too,,,, Ginger Beane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne