Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders

16 years 5 months ago #10472 by irishguy
Replied by irishguy on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
I think it’s a good idea Tim. I soon begun to forget my PFE’s as soon as my new plumbing started to work as it should post op. The first obvious sign that I needed to do them again was when I leaked at night. I'll do them again until the leaks stop, but as soon as that clears up – I’m back to my old forgetful laziness again. The real secret to PFE’s is consistency, the sticker technique goes a long way to keeping that momentum.

Karl

Winning the battle :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10460 by timb
Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders was created by timb
Like many people with a neo I have a huge problem remembering to do my PFE regularly. There's lots of reasons for this including an emotional reaction to them which creates a block. but the primary culprit is probably laziness! someone suggested to me today to get a sheet of those dot stickers that you can buy in stationery shops (bright ones; red or green will do) and then place them in locations round the house that I'll notice them; door frame, above computer screen, kitchen cupboard etc. Every time I notice one it reminds me to do my exercise. I could also put them in the office. Clearly you don't want to be overdoing the exercises so don't go mad and maybe tailor your regimen to fit the new method. it seems like a really good idea to me and really struck a chord. this came via a friend's mother who is a doctor so it has reasonable credibility. Reasonable idea or crazed raving?

all the best

tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne