Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders

16 years 4 months ago #11022 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
Bob has started doing the exercises but is experiencing quite a lot of pain. Is he doing too many? We have his reminder watch set for every hour. Could someone possibly describe the technique? He isn't sure that he is doing it correctly. How soon should he see some results? he doesn't have the sensation of 'peeing'. If he tightens his muscles he can force urine out, but he can't not pee if that makes sense. Any help would be much appreciated. I called the Dr.'s office but they just said - '. several times a day, the more the better'. Thanks in advance, I know we will get better advice here than at the Dr.'s- Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10618 by dadhasbc
Replied by dadhasbc on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
I'm glad you all thought it seemed useful! I am hoping Dad's will arrive today, and I will begin programming it. It does sound like programming is a little technical, but I'm not worried about that. I'm just hoping it will help Dad keep everything on track. I have to make sure I don't put in too many reminders, or he might start to ignore them!

andrea

16 years 5 months ago #10547 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
Thia is a great idea! I just ordered one for my husband. He can use it to remind himself to cath, to take his pain meds, to get up and stretch, to call me and tell me he appreciates me.....I'm going to program it myself!

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 5 months ago #10545 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
Andrea what a wonderful idea. I bet it would work for this caregiver that's just a little forgetful too.

I'm checking into it and please do let us know how it works.

hugs
justme pat

16 years 5 months ago #10527 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
it sounds good. I'll give it a look.

tim

16 years 5 months ago #10501 by dadhasbc
Replied by dadhasbc on topic Pelvic Floor Exercise Reminders
My dad has been forgetting lots of things: his new insulin, eating and I'm sure Kegels will be forgotten as well when he starts doing them.

So, I have found the most fantastic thing. It is called the Watchminder. It is a normal looking digital watch, which has up to 30 daily reminder alarms which can be customized with text: Take insulin! Eat Something! Go Pee! and now since you have reminded me "Gimme 20! (Kegels)" :)

Best of all, it is a vibration alarm, which for my dad will be fantastic as he is hard of hearing, for others, it is just a nice personal alarm, very discrete.

For those interested, here is the website: watchminder.com/features/ Mine is shipping right now, should arrive by Tuesday. It was actually developed as a life tool for kids/adults with ADHD, but has many more applications. I think it is going to be fantastic for dad, and should help him to remember all of the things he needs to remember. Its only $79+ shipping and has nice big numbers.

Just thought I would share, Once I get it, I'll let you know a little more about it!! andrea

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne