On to the next stage of recovery

16 years 5 months ago #10679 by timb
Replied by timb on topic On to the next stage of recovery
Great to have you back Mike. well done! and Zach I remember having a trainee nurse taking out one of my drains! I knew it was going to happen and spent the whole morning in fear and feeling her fear at the upcoming procedure. I opted to go ahead as I figured that everybody's got to start somewhere and she did a great job. the best drain removal I had! She told be afterwards that the one before she'd made some horrible mistake and caused some poor bloke a lot of discomfort. glad it wasn't me!

tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10436 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic On to the next stage of recovery
Glad your home and all went well. The only prob I had was the drawing blood. After the chemo and then the first 2 days in the hospital I ran out of veins. They had to bring in 3 or 4 nurses to see who get lucky and find a vein nuttin like being a pin cushion lol. Joe ;)

16 years 5 months ago #10400 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic On to the next stage of recovery

Glad you're back safe and sound.

Those endless blood tests and changing IV location were the *only* times I got really cranky. I don't know how often they test blood at other hospitals, but at Norris it was every two hours for several days. A few times the nurse brought in a new trainee to practice her poking skills. After a while, when I saw the trainee walking through the door I just shook my head "no" and she'd leave and bring back the real nurse.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery,

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 5 months ago #10398 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic On to the next stage of recovery
Home sweet home, take it easy, good news on the path report. Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #10397 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic On to the next stage of recovery
congratulations Mike....glad you're home.

16 years 5 months ago #10396 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic On to the next stage of recovery
Good for you Mike- we wish you all the best. Please take very good care flushing that catheter, use a new syringe every time, wear gloves etc. I hope your recovery continues this well. Lorrie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne