Cure Magazine Article

12 years 1 month ago #41491 by JD37
Replied by JD37 on topic Cure Magazine Article
chicago il. Please know that I don't know if anything I'm doing is right or wrong, I just feel really helpless. I've also had flank pain on right side and low back discomfort for a while too, which I read were signs of advanced bladder cancer...so even though my CTs were "normal", I cant help but freak out thinking this is all way worse than my doctor seems to think. I checked out my doctor too and it seems he is just certified in general urology. Does this mean I should seek out someone w/ a lot more certifications? I'm going crazy w/ all of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #41488 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Cure Magazine Article
JD... where are you located? Our members have had experience with some of the best doctors in the country for bladder cancer.

I don't know anything about Cancer Centers of America except from their TV commercials. I don't recall anyone in the forum since I've been here talk about going there. Perhaps we can offer you some additional places to check out while you're considering them.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 1 month ago #41487 by JD37
but that was "pre-cancerous" and my doctor called mine a "small bladder cancer" so is that essentially the same thing? I'm just so confused.

Everyone keeps saying that I won't know if this is bad until I have the polyp removed, which is why I am trying to make sense of the facts so I can adjust my anxiety accordingly. I'm just concerned that, regardless of the doctor's expertise, that I should take action somewhere else. I called the Cancer Treatment Centers of America today and am having my records sent there. The lady I talked to is a cancer survivor and said she thought it was a bit selfish of my doctor to make me wait 3 weeks to address this (especially when I expressed how much anxiety it was giving me.) I don't know what is right or wrong at this point, but I do know that I cannot wait 3 weeks. I simply cannot. I have to get this out of me (regardless of whether it turns out to be something or nothing) so I can have some answers and begin to TRY and regain some hope for my future.

12 years 1 month ago #41483 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Cure Magazine Article
It is a fact, JD, bladder cancer is a scary thing. And this is why it is so important to catch it early like in your case. And, that is still IF you even have bc.

Early detection is the key to optimum treatment of any cancer. You may even get to the point where you can thank that little polyp because it sent out a signal that something further needed to be looked at!

Even Dr. Oz had a pre-cancerous colon polyp as clean a lifestyle as he practices. It was done live on his show and he was as shocked as we have all felt. But they found it on his first colonoscopy and got rid of it.

Early detection and finding a doctor who is an expert in that particular field are two key ingredients of successful treatment.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 1 month ago #41482 by JD37
Well, I was feeling a bit better until I read the article..it nearly gave me a heart attack. Which part?...where do I begin...the part about people not always getting the correct treatment...testing being out of date...false positives...people having clear scans after three months and then metastatic spreading after the 6 month...you name it.

I hope this helps someone, but it just set me back a mile. I am even more petrified now than I was before.

12 years 1 month ago #41478 by corkyd614
Cure Magazine Article was created by corkyd614
Hi All,

Excellent article in Cure Magazine on Bladder Cancer.

www.curetoday.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/article.show/id/2/article_id/ 1861

Check it out.

Ray

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne