Newly diagnosed

7 years 8 months ago #51702 by mbmccauley
Replied by mbmccauley on topic Newly diagnosed
Tumor is only 2cm. CT shows no spread, yet I have aggravating ache in my pelvic area, cramp like. Not bad, but worries me. CNt wait for TURBT and the pathology to finally know stage and grade. I hate not knowing who my enemy is.

8/9/16: 2cm tumor found on CT
8/10/16: cystoscopy
8/18/16: TURBT; HG Non-Invasive
9/29/16: 2nd TURBT clear
Completed first BCG regimen: 1/31/17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51664 by LillianG
Replied by LillianG on topic Newly diagnosed
I'm so glad to read that you were able to schedule your appointments for this month. Waiting until October would have been mental torture for you and your family, and it might have also impacted your diagnosis. By far, it was the waiting and wondering that were the hardest part for me. Once I knew what I was dealing with and had a treatment plan in place, things improved dramatically. I still stress a bit from time to time, but nothing like in the first few weeks.

As a few folks have already said, bladder cancer is 'highly treatable'. There are several treatment paths and options available. I know it's much easier said than done, but you should try to breathe and relax.

Take care of you and keep us posted,
LillianG

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbmccauley

7 years 8 months ago #51663 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Newly diagnosed
THAT is very good news. You are on your way to beating this!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

7 years 8 months ago #51662 by mbmccauley
Replied by mbmccauley on topic Newly diagnosed
Yes, August

8/9/16: 2cm tumor found on CT
8/10/16: cystoscopy
8/18/16: TURBT; HG Non-Invasive
9/29/16: 2nd TURBT clear
Completed first BCG regimen: 1/31/17

7 years 8 months ago #51661 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Newly diagnosed
MB,

I hope, for the sake of sanity, that the appointment is for the 10 and 18th of August. Waiting seems to be a common (and very unwelcome) story in BC treatment.

Sometimes there is a reason for the time between events.After some procedures, such as a TURBT, there needs to be time for the bladder to heal. After some treatments it takes time for the bladder to calm down before evaluating the results.

I am not sure that some doctors understand that we are climbing the walls by our fingernails and we want to know what is happening. Any doc who says the word "cancer" should feel an ethical obligation to get answers ASAP and keep us informed at all times. Hang in there.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

7 years 8 months ago #51660 by Jopo
Replied by Jopo on topic Newly diagnosed
of this month?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne