More bad news- why does nothing go smoothly?

14 years 9 months ago #26492 by Mel09
Lorrie,

Seems like we are both feeling the same way. No matter how much time we have had, it never seems like enough. This all still feels so sudden. Know you and Bob are in my prayers.

xoxo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26485 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic More bad news- why does nothing go smoothly?
And maybe the radiation will begin to help over the weekend. That's great news about the strawberries. It's that season here, too, and we are enjoying them while they last.

Lorrie, I extend to you whatever strength I can send while you fight this battle for him. If the Touch Therapy helps, maybe you can learn to do it!

Hugs from Iowa,

Stephany

14 years 9 months ago #26483 by Julie
Lorrie, The methadone might help. I have a friend with pain issues and was prescribed methadone plus some pills for breakthrough pain. I have heard of Touch Therapy it was developed by a Nurse. It may be soothing. I hope the new plan works to decrease Bob's pain. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 10 months ago #26472 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic More bad news- why does nothing go smoothly?
Hello all- It's Sat. & Bob's nurse just left. He is eating a bowl of strawberries drowning in 35% cream (I'm just trying to get as many calories in him as possible). He finished 5 radiation treatments on Wed.- he is still having pain. We've had lots of medical visitors this week offering suggestions. At this point they are just trying to get the pain under some control. The latest plan is to start him on Methadone along with the Fentynal in the hopes that they may be able to cut the Fentynal back. Hospice was here as well & is sending in a Touch Therapist- not sure about that but hey at this point we will try anything.
I'll keep you all posted. Thank you everyone for the good wishes. i am catching up on all the posts.
Lorrie

14 years 10 months ago #26363 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic More bad news- why does nothing go smoothly?
Lorrie......i'm so sorry. I wish i had a magic elixir to take away all pain and suffering. Its not fair......xxoo Pat

14 years 10 months ago #26357 by savvy66394
Replied by savvy66394 on topic More bad news- why does nothing go smoothly?
Lorrie
We haven't met but I know exactly how you feel. I wonder if people even know what they're doing sometimes and get so tired of not only mistakes, but complications and new developments that mean things are only going to get worse. I know it's frustrating and it's hard to know he only has a few months left. It's so hard to watch your loved one suffer like that and the changes they go through while thinking of how they were just two years ago. My heart goes out to you, it really does. I'm doing the same thing with my mom.
Try to stay strong for him. I know it gets old doing that, but you have to.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne