Compelling Evidence

15 years 4 months ago #23003 by Julie
Compelling Evidence was created by Julie
Dick is asleep most of the time now. He stopped eating the middle of the week. He will still drink water but pills are a problem because he doesn't swallow them. He is also starting to have problems with water. He has one pill that stains everything blue and it gave me quite a start to see a blue patch on his chin. His mouth is still blue.

Last evening he was more alert but repeating phrases. I asked if he knew who I was a grin appeared like I had asked a silly question and told me I was julie. During the week he spoke to people by name Wednesday and Thursday.

I had been talking on the Metastatic Cancer forum about whether or not to have a hospital bed brought in. I was against the idea and said I would not unless there was a compelling reason to have one here.
Last night Dick fell out of bed twice. I think we was trying to sit on the side of the bed as was his habit and wound up on the floor instead. He can't tell me what he was doing that resulted in him being on the floor. I don't know why he was restless last night as the two days previously he hardly stirred. There is a problem with him not moving much as he is likely to get pressure sores. The bed will have an air mattress that accommodates to him and his movements.

I will adapt but my sleep will be even more disrupted as the couch is not that comfortable.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne