Checking In.....How are all of you?

15 years 8 months ago #20723 by jerrysgirl
Replied by jerrysgirl on topic Checking In.....How are all of you?
Stephany,
I'd love to know the brand of the room de-scenter you mentioned, and where you get them (if it's not at a place like WalMart). I have struggled all day today to get the smell out of my head. I've rewashed the same load of laundry 3 times...it probably doesn't smell anymore, I just probably have a super sensitive nose today. It seems like everything I'm near, every room I'm in, just everything smells. We came home late last night after being gone all day, and it just seemed the smell hit me as soon as we opened the front door.
And if anyone has any hints on how to get Jerry's laundry to not smell...no matter what I've tried so far...I'd truly appreciate any hints!
Traci
The topic has been locked.
15 years 8 months ago #20708 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Checking In.....How are all of you?
OK, one more thing, Julie, then I'll sit back and lurk. You might consider keeping bottles of hydrogen pyroxide (H-2 0-2) around. It's really cheap, and every time he dribbles, he can just pour on a 1/4 cup. It will not hurt the carpets (at least it hasn't hurt ours) and it keeps the smell down.

I use it every time our littlest dog shows how scared she is (that must be the origin of the slang). It makes it easier to clean up, and gets rid of the odor as it dries.

I have a bottle in every room.

Stephany in Iowa
15 years 8 months ago #20707 by Stephany
Also, if you're trying to add protein, there's a new peanut product out there that might help. It's a peanut powder, that can be added to anything. It's really peanut butter without the oil. My girlfriend baked some brownies with it, and they were delicious.

You might be able to add some protein this way, in his drinks, etc.

Stephany in Iowa
15 years 8 months ago #20706 by Stephany
Lorrie, I was catching up late last night, and read your post. I just wish I could help. I've dealt with this issue, only a little---an incontinent mother-in-law.

I woke up in the middle of the night determined to do something, if only a little.

If you would feel comfortable PM-ing me your address, I would like to send you a box of "stuff" to try.

One of the members here sent me a package when we were first dealing with catheters, and I really appreciated her help. I'd like to "pay it forward" and send you some disposable pads and a kind of room de-scenter that has helped us a little. If these work, they will be an additional weapon in your war against the cancer.

Have you tried a diaper pail with a soaking solution for the used pads before you send them out to be cleaned? And have you visited some of the ostomy sites for additional suggestions? And while we're talking about that, have you investigated a diaper service? They would return your linens smelling really clean, and maybe even provide a receptacle.

It sounds like you are doing the absolute best for him, and you are to be commended. And hugged!

Stephany in Iowa
15 years 8 months ago #20382 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Checking In.....How are all of you?
Lorrie,
I agree that bladder cancer is not recognized as breast cancer is.
I never heard of it before my husband got it, so whats that tell ya. So how do we get it out there about BEWARE OF BLADDER CANCER. Thats why I am here on the forum, and why I make others aware of it when I am asked about Gene. And I hope others spread what they are hearing about bladder cancer. But your right,ITS NOT ENOUGH..
The chemo reaction is unfortuneate for your husband, I hope things smooth out today for both of you, lets us know how it went the rest of the day and how he is doing....I would be vocal about the rudeness shown by the transport people. Thats not appropriate in any situation.
Take care Lorrie,,, Ginger
15 years 8 months ago #20379 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Checking In.....How are all of you?
Good Morning All- It's 4.30AM here & here I am catching up on all the posts. I woke suddenly (still on the couch) to the sound of Bob throwing up. He had an all day session of Chemo yesterday- I took him to Kitchener @ 7AM & Our son picked him up after work- they didn't get home here until 6:30PM. Because of looking after the apartment building I couldn't be there all day. We have been getting volunteer drivers from the Canadian Cancer Society to drive 1 way & then I would pick him up but this week we got our wires crossed. I am so disappointed at the CCS- unless you have breast cancer, they don't care about you. When I think of all the canvassing I did for them when things were good..........well,it makes me mad. Has anyone else found little support from Cancer Societies? Do you agree that Breast Cancer gets all the attention? When Bob was 1st diagnosed & before he had his surgery I begged them to put us in touch with someone who had had the surgery so we could ask questions. They were very uninterested , uncaring, & downright rude. This was before our daughter found this site for us- It's been a Godsend & I appreciate you all so much. I think you are responsible for keeping me somewhat sane. There I go rambling again.....Bob has settled down again. I have a very busy day & can't stay with him (I'll be at another building- this struggling to make $'s is awful) so I hope the nausea passes. He is going to have to get up this morning as we have carpet people coming for a unit & he will have to go with them. I'll update later today
Lorrie
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne