Just more complaining..............what is the point??

15 years 10 months ago #17543 by momof4
Lorrie,

I have to tell you that Angelo still smokes...since his cancer is metastatic even the Drs have said that if that is what he enjoys...at this point what is the difference. I know that you are mad at the cigarettes for possibly causing all of these problems to begin with...but with all of the anxiety associated with metastatic disease, I think if the person doesn't want to quit there is really nothing you can do about it...don't let it get you going...just make sure he does it where it cannot effect anyone else...IE...Second Hand...If it were as simple as not smoking I know that Angelo would quit in a minute to save his life...but at this point the anxiety associated with not smoking, combined with arguing would probably be worse...Just my opinion of course...

Don't let it get you going...get out by yourself today!
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17542 by bobmac2
I'm writing this here to prevent myself from starting a fight with Bob. I just went outside to see where he was & he was around the corner HAVING A CIGARETTE!!!!!! i am soooooooooo mad I could spit. Dr.'s, nurses, hospitals, are all spending thousands of hours & $'s trying to give him more quality time on this earth & he is out there SMOKING!!!!!OK, OK, I understand the stress etc. but dammit why are we going through all this - he is enduring Chemo & undermining it's good at the same time. What is the point? Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne