Tired

15 years 10 months ago #17645 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Tired
Rocky,
It is exhausting isn't it!!BESIDES YOU HAVING B/C AS WELL. tHE MIND TAKES A BIG BLOW WITH ALL THE STRESS, YOU ARE WORRYING FOR 2 PEOPLE, AT LEAST I DO THAT, ITS TO MUCH!!!! Sometimes you just have to "let go". just enough to get yourself back together, whatever it takes. I know Gene followed me around all the time, like I would go missing or something,,it will get easier, its temporary, very temporary I hope!!! Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17599 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Tired
Karen the hike is good ,but no nap. I live in the mountains with the bears . The bc might not get me, but sleeping in the woods might make me lunch for the bears! lol
There was a time you could do that but they brought the black bears back about 20 years ago so you have to pay attention when your in the woods, also we have rattlesnakes. But ever since I was little I have always been in the woods. I wanted to be a hermit when I grew up! So definitly a long hike would do me well.
Last fall I hiked around our local lake, something I have wanted to do since I was about 5. It turned out to be 88 miles and not the 65 they say it is. I carry a pack about 20 25 lbs (it helps stretch my neck) and makes it feel better. I had a blast!! I told my husband I want to hike the Appalachine trail next. He just shakes his head. Rocky

15 years 10 months ago #17574 by tate
Replied by tate on topic Tired
Rocky, I feel the same about going out to eat...I feel like I am throwing money away... I would rather hang out with friends and watch a movie at someones home or save my money and go shopping on vacation.

I am happy to hear about the remission. I pray that you all continue to get good news.
-Tate

15 years 10 months ago #17570 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Tired
Rocky,

"Going out" can mean just out of the house...how about a picnic with a friend? (or alone for that matter) If you love hiking, take something with you so you can stop, eat, and maybe take a nap outdoors! I have been wanting a hammock...But it is 97 degrees here today...It will probably be great in the fall or spring...

Wishing you rest!
Karen

P.S. I drink Starbucks Frappuccino, or Red Bull almost daily because I just cannot keep going some days...

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 10 months ago #17567 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Tired
Thanks guys for talking back and lifting me up. I had to laugh Karen when you sugested I have lunch with a friend because I hate to eat out! lol To me eating is like putting gas in the car, do it and get it over with ! My husband is always trying to get me to eat out! But taking a hike now thats different, I miss my hikes in the woods.
We did get good news today from his Dr., the lymphoma is in remission! There is no sign of it on the pet scan, so he gets one more chemo then they want to do a muga scan to make sure his heart wasn't damaged by the chemo, then on to being maintained and watched. I have to make my app for my scope it will be 4 months since the last one when they took out a small cancer. So maybe life will get back to semi normal.
Tate, just you guys responding helps alot more then you can know, I was feeling really down when I wrote and you guys lifted me up, and for that I am really grateful. God bless , love from Rocky

15 years 10 months ago #17545 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Tired
Rocky....I am tired too...and you have your BC on top of being a caregiver throwing another wrench in your already exhausting life...take some time for yourself...see if one of your kids can take him to a few appointments...go have lunch with a friend...lay down in the middle of the day. I hear what you are saying!!!You will be a much better caregiver if you take care of you...

I will pray for strength for you...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne