Our Little Get Away!!!!

16 years 2 months ago #13191 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Our Little Get Away!!!!
Ginger - How WONDERFUL! We are so glad you had a great time and that all went well...there is definitely HOPE :D Harry has one more cycle/round of chemo and once he feels better after that we are definitely going on a trip! Probably toward the end of March with our daughter. Not totally sure where yet, we thought about a cruise, but may play it a little safer and go visit his sister in AZ where we eventually want to move...then maybe a side trip to Vegas or Laughlin...then the next outing will definitely be a cruise! I echo your sentiments about being a caregiver...it definitely has its stresses!! We also thank God daily for our blessings and keep you and Gene in prayer. Margot and Harry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13189 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic Our Little Get Away!!!!
Ginger and Gene,
I am glad that you had a great time.

One clarification, Julius Erving was known also as "Dr. J".
The nickname "Juice" was given to OJ Simpson. Two completly different people - and we are thankful for that.

How did airport security handle Gene's bag?

16 years 2 months ago #13141 by Gene Beane
Our Little Get Away!!!! was created by Gene Beane
We have just returned from our 5 day trip to Las Vegas. Surgery was 4 months ago, its hard to believe. Never thought we'd be taking a trip this soon but it happened and it went smooth. There were 7 of us, all family. While there we saw "LOVE' at the Mirage where we stayed, what a fabulous rendition of Beatles music to Cirq de souille,,then we laughed at the show tony and Tina's wedding, I can't tell you how many times the 7 of us said how grateful we are to be there together after this past year. My sister in law lost her father to colon cancer last March. So she to had much sadness in her life as well.Mostly I am grateful we were able to do this as it has confirmed our belief we can go on after bladder cancer. It also confirms to me that laughter is the best medicine when one is down and out. Change your everyday habits a little to include something you like, something positive. Gene had no issues except a back ache from walking to much, actually mine hurt as well so not to worry!!! Our final nite we were playing slots with Julious Irving, otherwise known AS "Dr. J "from the seventy sixers, our children were excited to hear about our converstion with him. I wish all my friends on the forum can experience something similar in their life when they can. When there better, when there feeling its right to make the step into living once again.
For us we are free of tests until March, then scans for lungs and pelvis for any signs of reoccurrence. But for now, we love life!!! And thank God everyday!! And thank him as well for giving me the strength to be the caregiver I needed to be!!! I continue to be that "watchful eye"""...
Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne