Room Mates

12 years 5 months ago #40056 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Room Mates
George,
Really enjoyed your post! I think God put people like Bill on this earth so that we would really appreciate the nice people. But what a bummer for you to go through all your own battle and recovery AND share a room with Bill - double Whammy!! My last hospital room-mate was a girl from Belarus called Vika, a victim of the Chernobyl radio- active fallout. She was a great room mate - so I wonder if they out her in with me cause they thought I was a another Bill!!
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #40052 by GKLINE
Room Mates was created by GKLINE
I don't know where to put this, but I thought it would give us a flashback to our hospital room mates.

After I was removed from intensive care I had a room mate. I actually spent about 5 hours in the hall....waiting for a room!
So.... This was going to be better. But the nurse was quick to inform me that my room mate was ....Well...."unusual"
I look at life in these cases as a soap opera without commercials. Humor finds it's way into everything.

MY Room Mate: had bladder cancer, same as me.
had his bladder removed, same as me
had the same Dr.
Looked about 70 years old.
Did NOT get a neo bladder
His visits with his wife were quick to fall into an argument.
He then would call her and ask for something.
She would come with the goods..... and they'd argue.
He was CONSTANTLY asking for pain meds!
He was always leaving the room and coming back smelling like smoke.
The Dr. came and he found out that we both had the same cancer. Why didn't he get a neo bladder? They told him that he didn't have the profile for a neo operation.
He groused.
He kept harping about why life was so unfair. I must have had some super insurance or I was "Somebody"
He called his wife and complained that she wasn't there. She came..... they fought ........She left. The Kids never came and his "friends" didn't stop.
Why did MY friends and family come? And why did we laugh so much? How come I got the "good" operation? How come he needed so many pain meds, and I didn't? They must have given him the bad operation.

As the Dr. left the room for the last time before I was discharged; Bill lamented about his life;
Bill;
Didn't like his job
Didn't like his car
Didn't like his house
Didn't like his neighbors
Didn't like has kids
Didn't like his wife
Didn't like his wife either!
And "I really don't like my dog!"

"Sorry Bill" I said. But "How can you not like your dog? Does your dog like You?"
"Oh Yeah, that dog Loves me! But I can't stand him!"
"By the way Bill, How old are you?" I asked.
"Fifty years old" he said!
THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME!

I was then discharged from hospital. I was wheeled out of the room and down the elevator. Had to wait a minute for the car.......... and AT LAST! I was being pushed through the doors..... into the sun.....and fresh air!
And into a cloud of cigarette smoke!
From Bill's cigarette! He had beaten me down to the exit... for a Smoke!

Seems funny to me that Humor can be so healthy! Or maybe It was just God's way of telling me the attitude NOT to have.
Maybe that is why I am here!

Thanks Bill.

George

As they say in the ad.... "Don't be that guy!"

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne