Room Mates

12 years 4 months ago #40520 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Room Mates
Unless it's a little NITRO-Methane! That stuff can put a wallop in the engine of any race car!

:lau :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: gh:

Oh God....... That's funny... I don't care who you are!

But seriously Rocky.... My 2 sisters came for a visit and they were scared to be there in the first place, and didn't want to make a scene secondly. But after a little time making them feel comfortable, they turned the visit into silly hour. You all probably had silly hour as kids.... inane conversation and lots of comic analysis of the day..... well, my cantankerous room mate was equally entertained as he asked if my sisters were coming back for days afterward.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #40511 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Room Mates
Hi George, I like your story. My worst nightmare is being stuck in a room with a complete stanger. Think of it , the worst time of your life, sick as a dog and it is like someone walks in off the street and says , hi me and my family are going to live with you awhile ! Who would rent a room in a motel for hundreds of dollars and then say , sure I will share come on in ! lol
I was in for chest pain and had to have nitro ( gave me a verrryyyy bad headache) and the lady in the bed next to me had visitors the whole time laughing and having a good old time !
I checked out against medical advice, told them i would rather be dead then have the nitro headache and be stuck in a room with all the partying that was going on !
But your story was pretty funny, Life happens and we have two choices, laugh or cry. Like you i just want to laugh! (as long as I don't have to take nitro !! lol ) Rocky

12 years 4 months ago #40491 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Room Mates
I would love to read your other stories George!!! Post away!

Thanks for this one. Here's to always being the "good" roommate!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 4 months ago #40468 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Room Mates
Thanks Duke.

I have other stories about roomates and waiting room observations, but I wonder if anyone wants to see them. I am a people watcher when I am out and about, so I envision the stories they may have as they go on about their business.
My first visit to my Urologist was an eye opening experience to say the least. But the people there were quick to put me at ease and by saying they had seen "it" a million times before and I should NOT be embarassed. If they could look at people who were scared and hurting every day and find a way to put them at ease, then I would find a way to see the humor in this cancer situation. I guess it was my way of dealing with the fear I was going through.

This disease takes the humor and optimism out of people. My small job is to keep perspective............ somewhat.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 4 months ago #40467 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Room Mates
George, I know I am a little late on this post, but I had to comment. My hat is off to you! You can not know how much I love your attitude and what you bring to this forum. We see so many things in the same light. You made me think back to when i had my first scope and they found my cancer. I came home and wrote a two page comedy about it. What can not be funny about a naked old man and two young nurses with a scope?
Duke

12 years 5 months ago #40098 by rbmc
Replied by rbmc on topic Room Mates
Thanks for a smile today.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne